Jambands.ca

18 new Conservative senators?

meggo

What's depressing?

Making senate appointments?

Or the buckets of rain coming down outside?

Working on Christmas Eve?

I'm drinking hot chocolate and baileys at my desk. Just did two shots of deeeeeeelicious tequila rose (haha) and am about to exchange secret santa gifts and have a steak BBQ with my fellow coworkers.

Same thing that I did last year this time.

Weird how this hasn't changed.

You'd think by reading through this thread it would have.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was referring to pre-gloating about things that our faithful and honest leader had said he would not do having been done in order to accomplish a goal that I disagree with. Of course as ollie said, it's always nice to be put in my place.

Merry Christmas.

I'm sure things have changed for some of your laid-off neighbors you continually remind us about. Is that hyperbole too?

oh well... :)

Enjoy your holidays.

I actually thought your "cynical hyperbole" post was anything but. It was actually a well formed argument grounded with actual examples, and concessions that maybe somethings the conservatives had as ideas were fair.

I've been really glad to read the stance that Iggy has taken since he's come out... it sounds like he's the kind of leader who might be able to work (in a positive way for the country) in a minority setting. His criticisms of Harper are fair... because he also acknowledges that Harper was given the mandate to lead... and his tactic of playing good-cop/bad-cop will probably get him closer to being electable than any coalition, or Dion-led Liberal government would of...

And Hux should be happy that he's not going to be bringing Layton and the NDP into the fold.

Bottom line, he's willing to work with Harper, and Harper is going to respect Iggy... if only cause Iggy is acting like he has more than half a brain in his head.

Things are actually looking up... though I imagine that's not what the conversations are going to sound like at your holiday tables this year.

And yeah I'm in a bad mood... sorry... it's tough around the holidays with no family and all. I try to tell myself it'll be okay leading up to it... but clearly it's getting the best of me at this point.

Hey, sorry to hear that dude. Hope you have a good Christmas anyway!

And yeah I'm in a bad mood... sorry... it's tough around the holidays with no family and all. I try to tell myself it'll be okay leading up to it... but clearly it's getting the best of me at this point.

Hey' date=' sorry to hear that dude. Hope you have a good Christmas anyway!

[/quote']

Hear Hear!

:)

Edited by Guest

Hey Theo... I welcome good debate... Good debate is good debate... but we'll have to wait and see what the substance of this debate will be (are we talking house of commons question period debate or an election debate BTW?)

Dion wanted to bring the government down for the sake of bringing the government down at any cost (and he didn't have enough to pay)... 75% in the polls said the electorate thought that was a bad idea regardless of their political stripes. Iggy has shown/hinted he knows it's not a good move right now... not after the market crash, and not after two elections in two years which produced the same results. He first needs to establish his own track record before he becomes an imminent threat.

Harper knows Iggy is a real threat in the long term, perhaps if Iggy was in power instead of a resigning Dion (why do the Libs always have to elect a leader from Quebec!), none of this recent bullshit would of happened... He only made that political move cause it was 'safe' relatively speaking. He's still going to be in power... the 'x' factor was how much the emotional quotient went up, and what a shit-storm distraction is has been from some real issues that have taken a back seat the last few months.

But it's too late for Iggy to step in, fix his own party in the eye's of the electorate in a month, and go to the polls. Therefore, we might actually see a civil tone in the house where concessions are made both ways and each leader attempts to outdo each other in terms of niceties preparing for the election: in two years (my prediction, and check back on your magic January 27th)

I guess my biggest fear is you'll all have heart attacks when you find out there's going to be a few more years of Harper. ;)

And Ollie thanks... just the cards I was dealt is all... All I want for Christmas is to actually get along with my peers once-in-a-while. Damn me and my fucking principles.

Looking at this weather happening outside my window, I'm actually kind of glad I'm not going anywhere. Be safe out there if you're traveling!

I think it's pretty hilarious how Harper's finally throwing his lumbering weight around before the end of the year but it's unfortunate that he feels the need to overexplain himself and make excuses for his motions.

It's pretty ridiculous to have to apease people by telling them things are going terribly.

Hey SS - you sure are in a beautiful part of the country to be snowed in on your own at Christmas.

I have a snow tube. I kinda wish I had some super hills around my house. Got onto any cardboard boxes and into any whiskey this winter?