Jambands.ca

EPL 2009-2010 (and other soccer stuff)

ollie

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich appears to have come up with a novel solution to protect his privacy at sea, The Sunday Times of London reports. "In a move that could eventually be copied by all discerning billionaires, Abramovich has installed an anti-paparazzi shield on his newest vessel, the world's biggest and most expensive private yacht. The high-tech system on Eclipse, a mega-yacht measuring up to 557 feet [170 metres], relies on lasers to block any digital camera lenses nearby. . . . Infrared lasers detect the electronic light sensors in nearby cameras, known as charge-coupled devices.

When the system detects such a device, it fires a focused beam of light at the camera, disrupting its ability to record a digital image. The beams can also be activated manually by security guards if they spot a photographer loitering.

good try QPR, you gave an admirable effort.

Still, we're moving on and you ain't.

1-0 Chelsea, Carling 3rd round.

Other than City/Fulham all games are finals, but I won't give away scores if anyone's taping.

:)

Oh, and welcome back Joe Cole. First game back from injury, and he was made captain today. (terry and lampard were rested to start the match, both plus ashley came on as subs.)

Now, Wigan this weekend.

Nice one.

Go on, play him for longer against top-flight competition, I dare you.

Still, great result for Crouch, and I'd like to take this moment to admonish the Toronto Sun. Yes, it's a rag, but they do sports well, and so I was expecting a better headline than "Crouch Potato Roars". At least there's coverage enough to warrant a headline, but c'mon, what comparison are they making? He's a damn giant. Ain't nothing spudly about him.

Don't know why Keane is getting so many starts! Didn't Defoe and Crouch have pretty good chemistry at Portsmouth?

So happy to be wrong, and still in the top 4!

Robbie Keane scored four times as Spurs returned to winning ways after an entertaining game at White Hart Lane.

And I don't hate Chelsea but I sure am happy they lost!

Fucking Torres at the 80 minute mark should have put that one home, he looked flustered. Benayoun is fun to watch.

Favourite parts of the game, my girlfriend calling Drogba a "flopper" (she got that from a Simpsons episode) and then obversing that Drogba shredded Pool after getting a quick spray on his heel after a "savage" tackle that I'm "surprised" he survived...."What was in that bottle?". This was the second match she's ever watched.

• 2 weeks later...