Jambands.ca

EPL 2009-2010 (and other soccer stuff)

ollie

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the goals weren't pretty but Arsenal was the better team, good stuff.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

Kudos to Sportsnet for broadcasting the game in HD. When TSN aired the Champions League they would only show the final in HD. The gist I got from the hosts is that Sportsnet has CL rights this year.

Between this and the HD game on the Score on Sundays I might not order Setanta this season. If the Saturday games on Sportsnet are in HD then that seals it.

The Football Association are expected to make contact with their United Arab Emirates counterparts when the investigation is concluded into Chelsea's training ground brawl with Al-Ahli.

The practice match last week between a Chelsea reserve team and the UAE side was abandoned in the first half following the violence at the Barclays Premier League side's Cobham base in Surrey.

The referee's report, which has been filed to the FA, is understood to point the finger at Al-Ahli players being the instigators.

FA officials are still gathering details of the match and they will send their findings to the UAE and they expect action against players guilty of wrongdoing.

Chelsea's players were reportedly assaulted with karate kicks, knee-high tackles and had their hair pulled out and eyes gouged.

The Chelsea side included some of the players on the fringe of the first-team squad, including goalkeeper Rhys Taylor, defender Jeffrey Bruma, Carl Magnay, Gael Kakuta and defender Jack Cork, now on loan at Coventry.

Cork was reported to have been repeatedly hit while in a headlock and an opponent is said to have poked his fingers up the nose of Kakuta.

The fracas was captured by Chelsea's TV channel but the club have since removed all references to the game from its official website

Might as well post this decent streaming site just in case people missed the link last year (Thanks Jakis)

http://atdhe.net

Any other good sites out there?

That site used to be decent but I find it too flakey now. I get about 2 minutes of streaming video before it hangs and I have to reload the stream, which usually takes about a half a dozen attempts before it "takes".