Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

Hahaa, Habs in 7.......love it Badams.

Seriously. Heavy underdogs these Habs are. The Caps have only lost 5 games in regulation at home all year and I just read this:

Since Ovechkin was named captain on Jan. 5, the Capitals are a league-best 30-4-8.

Halak (or Carey if Jaro falters early) is going to have to be masterful. I'm sure everyone knows the goalie will have to steal this series for the Habs to move onto the second round.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller
I love how you got called out for being a moron and yet you pretend your opinions were part of some kind of 'plan'. Weaksauce.

Yeah, they are. I think my desire to pass the time by arguing with you on this board leads to me making statements that are probably exaggerations of my views, and therefore prone to reaction.

Guest Low Roller

You're just determined to make my day! This is awesome!

Ok, some basic truths on the Habs:

- Considering the amount of injuries suffered by key players, the Habs did well this year.

- Their post-Olympic performance should be judged by the six wins in a row and back-to-back shutouts, not by the last three games.

- Lapierre is probably playing his best hockey of the season right now which gives the Habs two good checking lines.

- 17 Bulldogs were called up this year, of which maybe only one showed the potential of an impact player- Subban.

- The team lives and dies with Halak.

Can we agree on these points?

You're just determined to make my day! This is awesome!

Ok, some basic truths on the Habs:

- Considering the amount of injuries suffered by key players, the Habs did well this year.

- Their post-Olympic performance should be judged by the six wins in a row and back-to-back shutouts, not by the last three games.

- Lapierre is probably playing his best hockey of the season right now which gives the Habs two good checking lines.

- 17 Bulldogs were called up this year, of which maybe only one showed the potential of an impact player- Subban.

Can we agree on these points?

Agree

Disagree : The teams record is 3 - 8 since then and that includes the 2 shutout wins.

Somewhat Agree : Checking lines are nice and needed in the playoffs but we need someone to score against the Caps.

- 17 Bulldogs were called up this year, of which maybe only one showed the potential of an impact player- Subban

Bull Dog thread please.

BINGO!! Halak or Price depending on what happens has to steal this series. Halak has shown he can do it and he has had to for the Habs to win some games down the stretch. The team is not scoring enough. Washingtons goaltending is vulnerable but even if Halak stands on his head someone has to put a few in the net. I think he can do it...the question is can he do it for at least 4 wins against the Caps. It's asking a lot but I hope he does.

Guest Low Roller

Apparently it was the knee not the arm. Still, I doubt anybody is safe around Ovechkin right now. He's going to try to absolutely be a one-man wrecking crew out there.

Guest Low Roller

The fact that Crosby and the Penguins beat them in 7 games and then won the Cup last year must just eat away at him all the time.

Philly had 5 less shots last night in the entire game compared to Washington in this first period.

And won.

There is alot to work on but fuckme if Bigtits isnt still coasting at his leisurely regular season pace while everyone else is at least trying to fly.

Poor MA Bergeron too. Washington is pounding towards him, which I would also do if I were Boudreau.

JAGR SCORES!

Perfect ending. Congratulations. Way to make it interesting.

I saw that redneck fan along with a few other sketchy fans in the audience. They had me cheering for Montreal those bastards.

Sorry AD, that's got to be pretty unbearable right now.

Ole from all of the guys in costa rica:

Matty: Matteo (weak) my new wife is awesome (we'll give him a honeymoon pass, I guess (still mega weak-sauce)

el deuco cinqo: wooooohoooo they should have played Price

tissue man: finally turtlepleks doesn't play like a little girl-o

to Andre: were missing ya bud, but your brother is giving us our nonsenseness fill ;)

Actually I'm OK with Montreal winning, even though I hate saying it. If Montreal and Ottawa win, (depending on Buffalo series), I think Ottawa has a better chance facing Montreal than Washington. So, ole ole? (puuuuuuuuuuuuke)

Watching the game tonight I couldn't believe how brainwashed these Montreal fans were. Fack. Tasty beer though. And beautiful women. Amen.