Jambands.ca

Fantasy Hockey 09/10!

Hal Johnson

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but you can assume the player will continue on a certain pace' date=' barring any injuries.[/quote']

So not only are you a mind reader for how the other participants in this league would react to said trade (in which you were obviously wrong) you also know how these players are going to continue for the next 70ish games?

[color:purple]Yeeeeeeeeeah, Craig Anderson is definitely going to keep that pace.

Please, tell me who to place my Pro-Line bets on this weekend and also tell me who is going to win the Stanley Cup. Thanks in advance.

I had Anderson last year and he was incredible. I only let him go because I also had Vokoun who got all the playing time. This year he is continuing his pace, and tearing it up as the main guy in Colorado.

You have to admit it looks like Ollie care's more about having a team full of Senators than he does about moving up in the standings. Which is absolutely fine, except that his player dumps only benefit guys who have Senator to trade. That aint right.

I generally jump to conclusions first, then backpedal my way into corners. It helps keep the mundaness of life at a sustainable level.

I'm trying to keep up....I'm doing several things at once here...and Im not far off from what's going on though. Even if I missed Dave O's post.

But I have to go to class...I'll be off line for a while (maybe).

We'll sort shit out later on.

Hug N Kisses,

Hal.

Edited by Guest

I'm not a big fan of a commish having final say regarding trades in any league. Nothing personal against you Hal but it really can cause a lot of arguments.

Why not let the league vote if they want a trade vetoed or not. I know our league is not set up that way but it would be easy to do if 5 people (or however many is agreed upon)vote no by putting a post on this board or the yahoo board that the trade is vetoed. You could have a 2 day or whatever time limit to object and after that it's too late... not enough vetoes then the trade goes through.

I ended up agreeing with DaveO that we shouldnt add additional IR spots simply because that is changing the rules once the league got under way, and I vote no regarding having a committee this season.

Wait until next year if we are going to do that.

I agree. Until then...

HEIL HAL!!! ;)

No, you are simply being a dictator.

This shit happens all the time when one player runs after skaters/goalies from his favorite team. Have you never been in a league before? There's a HUGE difference between buddies making trades to enhance one team and a legitimate trade worked out between two parties.

Dinghy and I spent a week on this. Hell, I even went out and grabbed Dipietro off waivers because I was worried he was going to do it and crush the trade.

Whatever. If this doesnt go through I am out. It's that simple. Your call.

A - the leagues Im in have guys that want to win, and guys that want to win generally don't go after a whole bunch of players from their own team

B - you can take your net and leave at anytime...

I'll let the trade go through, but only because it was my fault in the first place for merely skimming it over, and making a rash decision. I still think it's a dumb trade, but that's only my opinion.

Have you never been in a league where the commissioner vetoes a trade because he feels it comprimises the integrity of the league? In my experience it happens all the time. Then people fight about it and it gets switched, or it doesn't. No biggy either way.

At the very least you should respect where I am coming from. It's nothing more than an attempt on my part to keep things fair, and fun. Sorry If I noticed someone was trading some quality players for a fair number of Ottawa Senators. But Im not sorry if I think this isn't good for the league. (Again, i would say the same thing if I wasn't the commish, and we'd have the same argument.)

Have you never been in a league where the commissioner vetoes a trade because he feels it comprimises the integrity of the league?

Umm, yeah but that's not the case here. And how about that trade last year that was allowed to go through? It was the most ridiculous thing I had ever seen!

It's nothing more than an attempt on my part to keep things fair, and fun.

But you arent and that's my point. Even DaveO doesnt understand where you are coming from and can see how this trade works for both players, yet you were reading everyone's mind?

Booche, don't take your ball and go home......everyone hates that kid.

I dont give a shit what everyone thinks. If it doesnt go through I am dropping all my players to the waiver wire and giving a few away. You fuck with my integrity, I fuck with yours. Dont hate the player.

Dave-O's got it right...Jokinen is good for 50-60 points I'm sure...Sure Parise is huge, but I needed a goalie, and wanted some more depth on D.

Christ...I just posted a huge response, and hit the wrong button now it's gone....

Anyways...I'm not retarded....not going to fill my roster with Sens...

Also...look at my depth at Centre...planning another trade for another goalie.

I'm pretty solid at D, my wingers are a little meh, but I am waiting on Sedin to come back, soon hopefully.

It's all about the big picture.

I dont give a shit what everyone thinks. If it doesnt go through I am dropping all my players to the waiver wire and giving a few away. You fuck with my integrity, I fuck with yours. Dont hate the player.

Pretty extreme Booche. Hal made a judgement call. He set up the league. We all knew that he could veto trades. He said it could go through. Relax.

Hal made a judgement call.

It would have been nice if he had of paid attention to the details. ;)

None the less' date=' please dont take any of my ramblings personally Hal. I dig you and thanks for doing what you thought was right.

[/quote']

Cheers, you dont have to worry about that Booche. But same to you. And you too Dinghy. And hell, I guess Ollie as well. Yer all good shit!

Onward and upwards boys, onward and upwards...

No, you are simply being a dictator.

This shit happens all the time when one player runs after skaters/goalies from his favorite team. Have you never been in a league before? There's a HUGE difference between buddies making trades to enhance one team and a legitimate trade worked out between two parties.

Dinghy and I spent a week on this. Hell, I even went out and grabbed Dipietro off waivers because I was worried he was going to do it and crush the trade.

Whatever. If this doesnt go through I am out. It's that simple. Your call.

Grow up Booche... If I don't get my way, I'm gonna dump all my players and ruin it for everyone?? That's mature...

And you're only propping up the "favorite team" to let this bogus deal go through:

Craig Anderson leads the league in points people!!!

And you were all against not having one person being a dictator, until you bullied Hal into submission.. By your own statements, a committee or minimum of 5 voting down a trade should be in place.

- No to this trade

- No to more IR spots *due to rule change after beginning

- Yes to committee of minimum of 5 votes and trades get vetoed

Grow up and play fair... it's goddam fantasy hockey for nothing!! Dinghy only has one goalie due to another stupid trade it seems, your build your own bed... 1 bad deal doesn't mean there should be allowed another WORSE deal...

fucktards!

PS - I'm home with possible H1N1 aka "Maple Bacon Flu" (needs some positive PR) (**some not all symptoms, so for precaution only**), so try pissing me off today!! I'll come over and lick one thing in your house, and not tell ya what :)

Edited by Guest