Jambands.ca

Garcia Tribute this Sat. @ Carleton Tavern (Ottawa)

Hux

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to drag this on forever but I've been out of town all week so couldn't say so before....but thanks for your enthusiasm it is really appreciated. I don't know that we would have sounded like a 'good' band without your positive energy but we only managed to play together a few times before this gig and obviously weren't a band before. We got together when Chris Paul asked me if I could put together some Dead music for a Jerry tribute night and it was tricky with everyone's schedule and various life crisis' etc.......

We do plan on playing some more and hopefully become an actual good band and hopefully play for you all again some day.

We're not sure or defined in what direction we may go-we may do shows that are Dead tributes again-or not we just don't really know. We definitely want to learn more Dead music as we all love it and there are always more songs that each wants to learn.

I always want to play music with that spirit and with that attitude and write a lot of music so would like to include that as well and not be strictly a tribute band but we will see what we will see. There is also a lot of music written by others that fits into that Dead feeling as you know when you see all the covers they have done over the years. There is no grand plan and other players have their own thoughts so I suppose I'm just thinking out loud here.....

I hope you will come and see the Next of Kin again! (not a highly original name I know but it seems to fit somehow and was the one name we could all agree on-if you've ever tried to name a band you already know that it is a process that can go on for quite a long time).....

Peace out!

I hope you will come and see the Next of Kin again! (not a highly original name I know but it seems to fit somehow and was the one name we could all agree on-if you've ever tried to name a band you already know that it is a process that can go on for quite a long time).....

How about "Next Of Kind"?

Aloha,

Brad