Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Roman Hamrlik has won the Beauchamp award for 'unsung hero' of the year, as voted by Montreal journalists.

Top 3:

Roman Hamrlik (114 points)

Hal Gill (80 points)

Mathieu Darche(79 points)

Makes sense. He deserves the recognition for playing ungodly minutes after the Markov, Spacek and Gorges injuries.

Tsk tsk boys you are getting soft as May approaches:

A caller to a Montreal radio station claimed he bet Marty Turco, after Michael Cammalleri's goal for Montreal made it 1-0 in the first period, that Chicago wouldn't score again. When Patrick Kane(notes) of the Blackhawks tied the game, he passed Turco a $5 bill with "Habs Rule" written on it.

They went double-or-nothing after the first period, and then triple-or-nothing for the third; and then, in overtime, he gave Turco 5-to-1 odds that the Canadiens would win the game.

"And he took the bet!" said the caller. "When the Canadiens scored in overtime, he handed me back a wad of $5 bills and inside was that $5 bill that I gave him. He crossed out 'Habs Rule' and wrote 'Turco Rules.'"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Marty-Turco-bets-fan-during-Blackhawks-Habs-game?urn=nhl-wp1867

nwzskw.jpg

I emailed a guy on kijiji to get tickets, and he had sold them, but there is a HUGE promo on tonights tickets with the following (I just released 2 tickets for $78)

Here is a super trick to get tickets at 70% off the regular price.

Step 1. Go to capitaltickets.ca

Step 2. Click on "Buy Tickets"

Step 3. On the left hand side click on "Promos/Presales"

Step 4. Type in the word "thankyou". (Do not include the quotation marks).

Step 5. Click on the title "Montreal Canadiens".

Step 6. If you want only 2 tickets, then type 1 into "Comp Season Seat Holder"and 1 into "Extra's Full/Half Season", then click the area you want to sit in below.

Seats are getting very limited so please act quickly. The prices are much, much cheaper than what you will find on Kijiji.

MONTREAL -- File this under "Only in Canada."

A move is afoot to reschedule a federal election debate slated for Thursday so it doesn't conflict with the opening game of the Montreal Canadiens' first-round playoff series against the Boston Bruins.

Bloc Quebecois Leader Gilles Duceppe got the ball rolling Sunday by saying there's little doubt hockey-mad Montreal fans will choose the game over the debate.

NDP Leader Jack Layton later echoed those sentiments, the Liberals followed suit, and the Conservatives said they could live with whatever the debate broadcasters decide.

Bloc leader Duceppe wants other party leaders to join him in urging the consortium of broadcasters who organize the debate to move it back a day.

He pointed out that the first English debate is scheduled for Tuesday, before the playoffs begin. The only other Canadian team in the playoffs is the Vancouver Canucks, who still don't know their first-round opponent.

"All I'm asking is that the debate take place Wednesday so that Quebecers have as much access to this debate as Canadians," Duceppe said.

"We all know that hockey is very popular in Canada and in Quebec, which is why it would be a better idea to push the French debate back to allow hockey fans to watch the debate as well as the game on Thursday night."

The response from two of the other parties was strongly in favor, while the answer from the Tories was more equivocal.

A spokesman for Prime Minister Stephen Harper said the decision belongs to the broadcasters and the Tory leader will be there whichever day they choose.

Guest Low Roller

I'll gladly admit to being wrong. Looks like the Habs are ready for the playoffs. The right players look like they are heating up right now in time for the playoffs. Should be an intense first round series against the Bruins. Love it!

Guest Low Roller

Random thought that popped into my head while fighting off sleep at Buffalo airport: in the cap era almost nobody spends their entire career with one team. What former Hab should be remembered as a Hab above all else? Koivu is a given. Kovalev? Begin? Huet?