Jambands.ca

Is this a virus?

Velvet

For the last week or two I've found the following message whenever I try to visit hotmail or airmiles.ca. I close the window and move on. A few months ago I got the same thing when I went to my bank's website, and eventually it went away.

Any advice?

"There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.

When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.

If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help."

Someone at work at the same problem not long ago and the solution was......................make sure your date and time are correct. Go to the lower right hand corner of your screen to find it.

Yep. That is usually the cause. Definitely the first course of action at least.

I have a computer question, this thread seems appropriate:

When I installed the Veetle Player so I can stream sports online, I have noticed that when I search something in google, the search result page is from vshare.com, not google.com. If I go back and click search again, it goes to google.

I don't think I can uninstall Veetle without losing the streaming service, or can I?

Its not the worst thing on earth, but it is slightly annoying.

I have a computer question, this thread seems appropriate:

When I installed the Veetle Player so I can stream sports online, I have noticed that when I search something in google, the search result page is from vshare.com, not google.com. If I go back and click search again, it goes to google.

I don't think I can uninstall Veetle without losing the streaming service, or can I?

Its not the worst thing on earth, but it is slightly annoying.

I experienced the same thing and would appreciate an answer.

Sort of need a bit more info here, some or none of these may apply to you but it helps.

-When your doing this google search are you using the google search in firefox/chrome?(top right of screen)

-When you installed veetle was there a toolbar also installed? Perhaps one you removed?

-Did you install vshare?

-If you installed vshare did you also install a plugin for firefox or chrome?