Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 11/12

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

And just like that, Aaron Palushaj has been sent back to Hamilton, and Louis Leblanc stays up with the Habs. Makes perfect sense to me from what I saw of Leblanc.

What is wrong with the Canadians so far this year? I know they have injuries and its early but was watching some of the game last night and they looked awful. I am sure they can turn it around but is it coaching or the players that were put together by the gm?

Guest Low Roller

Sadly the injuries to Markov, Campoli, and Spacek can't really be attributed to the poor record as the defense has been pretty rock solid, even if the Habs have used 10 defensemen this season.

The offence is generating nothing, which is what you can expect from two inexperienced youngsters and a dreadful burden on the cap playing center. Besides Plekanec there is no sign of an elite centerman on the team or in the farm system. The power forward issue has been somewhat resolved with Pax and Cole, but now center is in serious need of a reboot. There is not enough talent on forward right now to make this a playoff team.

Guest Low Roller

And who would you put in place of Darche? Palushaj??

There is no doubt that Darche and Nokia are useless on offense, but there just isn't anyone to replace them! Once Whitey comes back, then we might have hope for the 4th line.

center is in serious need of a reboot. There is not enough talent on forward right now to make this a playoff team.

While I agree that I would like to see some reboot at the center position, been waiting for that for about 15 years or so, I've also said the following before and I will say it again. Gomez provides much more than the haters are willing to admit. Yes, I would like to see his production increase by about 100 percent but the Habs dont have the puck when he isnt in the lineup. It really is that simple. Just look at the Cammy-Pleks-Gionta line. Holyfuckballs.

And please, nobody bring his ridiculously stupid salary into any counter argument you are about to make. It goes without saying.

Guest Low Roller

The Habs are a better team today than they were yesterday. Spacek was a non-factor this year, and now Campoli and Kaberle are added to the line-up for tomorrow's game, adding critical experience to the blueline and powerplay.

Howdy, fellow Canadiens fans. Are the Habs killing your will to live? You’re not alone. The entire fanbase is so depressed we can’t even muster up the energy to flip Jacques Martin’s car or set his notebook on fire. See that? I can’t even come up with an original joke. So how do we cope with what appears to be a hopeless case of mediocrity that doesn’t show any signs of improving in the near future?

As you know, we here at The Active Stick are all about handy guides for hockey fans. Unfortunately, “we here†really just means “me†and since I’m a Canadiens fan, my brain comes with a built-in editor that erases the bad memories from the 90′s and early 2000′s so nothing’s left but the glory years and some smoke and mirrors from the last five years.

Seeing as I’m ill-equipped to provide my fellow Habs fans with guidance on this particular issue, I decided to outsource and ask the experts – also known as fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs. This year, they’re pretty busy watching stuff known as “goals†and “wins†while we’re stuck watching… not that, but a few of them were gracious enough to stop laughing for a couple of seconds and provide me with survival tips they learned from their years of misery. Most advocated heavy drinking. Here’s a selection of some other advice:

•PPP(mlse): Look for the humour, deify the past (you guys have that down pat), and hate your team with a passion.

•So_Truculent: Be wittier, faster than every other hockey fan digging on your team. It’ll be tough to beat Leafs fans. #pros

•1967ers: At least we’re not Ottawa.

•Down Goes Brown: The first two decades are rough, but by the start of the third you should start to go numb.

•Chris: Guy who blows ends up getting a couple game point streak going? Go crazy, he’s the next Crosby.

•Bitter Leaf Fan: If you have realistic expectations, it’s hard to be disappointed. It’s also fun rooting for coaches & execs to get canned.

•Chris: Because of the bonus point system, “6 points back†always seems like you’re only a couple of wins out of the playoffs. Pretend that’s true, it helps. In fact, you’ll find that counting is a bad idea in general, because whatever you’re counting, it’s not good.

•11Leafs: Drink heavily… this was followed with some other tips but I didn’t get past that first part.

•1967ers: It’s nice not to be conflicted on beautiful Saturday nights in May.

•Bitter Leaf Fan: Thanks to the loser point, it’s unlikely the Habs will go an entire decade under .500 like the Leafs of the 80s.

PPP (in response): New divisional playoffs make six years out of the playoffs more likely though.

•Chris: You probably already have a whipping boy on the team. Use this opportunity to expand your portfolio on that front.

•doogie2k: As an Oilers fan first and Habs fan second, my advice: Learn the consensus top five draftees by heart.

•67sound: Is your terrible team also owned by a vicious xenophobic racist? Are they covering up systemic child rape? Has your hated rival won 7 Cups since your last? No? Then count your blessings. #Leafsfanfrom80s

•Bitter Leaf Fan: Loathing JFJ got me me through four of five years of mediocrity.

•Down Goes Brown: Hope your team can win a few playoff rounds against some team dumb enough to hire Jacques Martin.

Guest Low Roller

Gauthier: « In Boston, Kaberle contributed to the Stanley Cup, he was able to integrate himself to a new team very well. (…) He took his part of the load and did a good job. »

186710_o.gif