Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 11/12

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Irony: this team needs Gomez and Spacek back in the worst possible way. I have no idea what can help this team at this point. Desharnais, Palushaj, Cole and Engqvist are useless, and the power play is embarrassing. Campoli will help when he returns, but depth is just such a glaring issue with this team. Hopefully Markov doesn't need another surgery. Word is that the doctors don't know what is causing the swelling hence why Markov has been in Florida for three weeks with Dr. James Andrews. Won't be long until the 'fire Martin' chants start.

On a positive note Kostitsyn, Eller, Moen was a great line tonight.

Ole' this you dumb fucks. Start singing with a one goal lead and ten minutes to play.

Can't even beat a team with a goalie that cant stop a beach ball.

Go Leafs Go!!

:cheers:

gotta love how it's ok for a goalie to hit a player in the head with his stick too. So sorry you didn't get win 100 Carey ;) Might want to thank your cough-up d-man PK :D

Guest Low Roller

A bunch of moves today to shore up the depth a little bit.

- Palushaj and Engqvist were sent down to Hamilton. Good. Neither are ready for the big time yet.

- Mike Bluden called up to replace Palushaj. Placeholder move until Ryan White is back from injury. Bluden had a good training camp.

- Habs acquire Petteri Nokelainen and Garrett Stafford from Phoenix for Brock Trotter and 7th rnd pick. Nokelainen is an upgrade on Engqvist and fills the necessity that the Blair Betts cock-up caused. Stafford down to the Bulldogs. Brock Trotter did not impress at training camp and was the first one cut. Clearly his days were numbered.

All in all positive moves to ice a better 4th line.

Ironically, coming into this season I thought the had more depth than they had in years. The ineffective powerplay+penaltykill has been their bread and butter from the past few seasons and its killing them right now. The green defence certainly aint helping matters. I also heard Price is back on the coke.

Guest Low Roller

Perry Pearn has been "relieved of his duties" as assistant coach one hour before the game against the Flyers.

Edited by Low Roller

I cant get over how similar the first periods were in the past two games. Maybe slow starts are the key. ;) JM must be losing hisshit as he watches. I cant get over how stoic he is. Fantastic recovery in both games too. If people blame the coaches for the bad shit then they also deserve kudos for the good shit so nice adjustments Jackieboy.

And let the record show I would have strongly considered the Mike Keenan School Of Goaler Pullin' and moved Carey to the bench after the Bruins opened up the score. Holy fuck I was mad. Has Price let in anything worse in his NHL career? I asked MrBigTime that question tonight and he gave a "100%" no. I know I am drawing blanks but that shouldnt surprise anyone.

I also missed Diaz making, what I think, is the play of the game. I saw it live as I was bouncing around my own underbelly and thought Price had gaffed then saved. To be honest? I am still in a bit of shock. That was a really fun game to watch. I didnt expect it to be that good for this early in the season. Game 7 overflow with referee's trying to keep her mellow.

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

I didn't get a feed of the game last night, but I was scoreboard watching, and I was pleasantly shocked by the win.

From all indications Eric Cole is starting to get his groove on. Thank GOD. I was a little surprised that Max Pac only got 12 minutes of ice time, but looking closely at the ice times, it looks like everyone's time was carefully managed. Gorges played the role of Hamrlik with 23 minutes played, and everyone else was under 20.

Louis Leblanc had three points in his Bulldogs debut, including a nifty OT goal.

All is well in Habs land today, but two wins does not playoffs make.