Sand (10:51)

Clint Eastwood (4:52)

Push On ‘Til The Day (11:10)

Encore:

At the Gazebo (4:53)

Sultans of Swing (6:34)

http://bit.ly/W7Bc8z

• 2 weeks later...

Last Friday afternoon I was sitting in the lodge at Jay Peak, VT, sipping on a heady apres-ski IPA with a few friends, and we noticed about 3 feet away a couple familiar faces lugging in very heavy looking analog keyboards and such. Turned out it was none other than Ray Paczkowski and Russ Lawton, who together are Soul Monde. Couldn't believe it!! I had a good chat with Russ about the Toronto show. They were supposed to fly to Toronto from Newark (maybe) the Wednesday before the show (I think), but the flight was cancelled so they bus'd it up north. They had band practice on the Thursday. Someone in the band is going out with Jennie Garth (aka Kelly Taylor), and I guess she was along for the ride and at the Toronto show. He showed me pictures that he took of the hotel they stayed at - the Ambassador I think? Anyways, he said they enjoyed being in Toronto, and he got a real kick out of me telling him about the speculation around these parts about a possible Phish show in Toronto this Summer. Was pleased to hear that there is something like a scene up here. He said the only other time he'd been to Toronto was with Robert Randolph, opening for Clapton at the Amp.

Sadly though, they weren't playing until 6pm which was 2 hours away, and we'd already been sitting in the lodge for 2 hours drinking beer.. and had to get back across the border to this farmhouse that we were staying in in Mansonville. So I didn't see them play. :-(

Edited by Guest