Jambands.ca

Ween rock!!!

MarcO

Sorry if this is old news but I just stumbled on this one.... check it out if you haven't already!! [big Grin][big Grin]

"Where'd The Cheese Go?

Earlier in 2002 we were hired by the largest advertising firm in the country to write music for a Pizza Hut commercial. Pizza Hut had hired them to come up with a whole new image to promote their new Pizza, "The Insider" which had all the cheese inside the crust. In keeping in line with their new cutting edge image, the agency hired Ween to do the music, and we delivered in a big way. Unfortunately, they didn't like a single piece of the 6 tunes we submitted and they had us rewriting the song every day for a couple of weeks before they hired someone else. In my opinion, it is one of the best tunes we wrote all last year. "

Ween vs. Pizza Hut

Question...

so who would go see Ween even if it was expensive if someone tried to drag them to Canada?

And where would you most like to see a ween show in Southern Ontario, maybe its not Toronto.

Do you think a tour even a small east to west big cities only tour would sellout?

just curious...tasha

The last time I saw Ween at the Warehouse it was pretty packed. I think House of Blues should get Ween and Les Claypools Frog Brigade together and put it somewhere bigger like maybe Arrow Hall (mind you the sound kinda sucks there) or maybe even that Hershey Center arena in Mississauga

BTW: I cannot believe that Pizza Hut rejected those songs!!! Definitely Ween at their finest hour!

You're not getting the Ween. I've been singing 'Yo where'd the mutherfuckin' cheese go at' for weeks now. I don't know. The thing is the first song sounds exactly what a Ween Pizza Hut ad would sound like I don't know what they were expecting. I get the sense that the agency hadn't heard such ditties as Homo Rainbow, Spinal Meningitis, Mr. Richard Smoker, Poopship Destroyer etc.

considering thier legendary show in Toronto I think they need to come back. BUT having seen them at Bonnaroo and at The Traf in Buffalo I would love to see them come here and play in a bar that was small like that, maybe 500 or so. so I'm thinking it would have to be about 30 bucks or so and you might have to do a three show series to make them money necessary to bring them...

and maybe that is a pie dream but boy I think it needs to happen....

new album soon good time to approach them about a return...

tiny bar in Hamilton in Hess Village... my favorite dive to get juiced in... Alice Cooper and Tool have wandered in over the years... MarCo used to have a running gig there...

right now Sanzwell plays there every Sat., couple of Red Star Project gigs comin up....

Ween would love it, and also Gail and Pat, the owners.... Pat's as cheap as they come and Gail as funny and sweet as they come

Polo's is a tiny pub, perfect for local musicians looking to establish a home base to grow and mature. It's not really my definition of a performance venue. I should know. I played there 2 or 3 times a week for two years. Ween may get hammered there if they came to town but that's about it.

The Tivoli *should* be utilized more often. It's a mid-size venue, bigger than Pepper Jacks or Home Nightclub but smaller that 77 or the Convention Center. I'd estimate it at around 300, although I haven't been there for years. I remember seeing a High Times/Doug Feaver double bill there back in the day. What fun! It has a full stage and seating, and is a classic Hamilton building. It would be perfect for a slightly "bigger" show.

God Speed! You Black Emperor are playing there at the end of the month. Now, *that* should be a good show!

quote:

Originally posted by paisley:

Pat's as cheap as they come and Gail as funny and sweet as they come

Good cop/Bad cop....

Pat once charged us for ice in our water! Came off our "pay" at the end of the night.

I still can't believe it! [Eek!][Eek!]

Any Hamiltonians know of an old Concession street theatre?

I remember about a decade or so ago, going to a buy/sell/trade sporting goods store in an old, run down, beautiful theater.

It was inbetween Upper Wentworth and Upper Sherman, on the South Side of the STreet.

I'm wondering if it still exists....i bet it would be beautiful...

ya, ween at polo's was kind of a joke(kind of)... its good paid practice space, nothing more... somewhere to practice playing in front of 30 of your friends and some regulars... the sanzwell and red star project shows coming up there are worth catching... they refurbished upstairs and actually did a nice job at it...

MarcO: charged you for ice in your water LOL [big Grin]

gotta love pat [Wink]

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

"Bitch, where'd da muddafukkn cheese go... muddafucka..."

met the Ween boys after the Warehouse show... we laughed about it all... suprisingly cool, laid back, super friendly guys... like your younger brother's friends... they put on a big show anytime there is any sort of press in the room... classic songs, GREAT band live... I admit their humour is pretty sarcastic but I'm fine with that... they are dedicated amazing musicians...

Ween @ Polo's [Eek!]

Archived