Jambands.ca

New Deal: Aug 16, Ted's Wrecking Yard

Booche

I think the m.o.e. rumour is wrong. I've seen a couple posts where people didn't catch on to what Nude Eel was, ie-not sounding it out and figuring it out. so i think someone mentioned monkey on e, because it's the most famous moniker in the scene, and it probably got people to understand what the initial post meant. But maybe I'm wrong, that'd be a sweet show to see.

To be honest I think the New Deal has alot of clout right now in the American market. Perhaps even more than moe. if only because they are with a major label (Jive Electro) and really cutting edge. I interviewed Jamie and Darren at length between the TO shows at the Opera House in May and while extremely humble you got the sense their star was rising very fast. luke@northernheads.com

Moe rumour does appear to be false as moedown is the same night. Too bad, stil worth the trip to the Big Apple for tND.

This board is a welcome sight. Having spent 7 years in Ottawa, and moving to Toronto a couple of years ago, it's good to see the Ottawa scene starting to organize itself.

Does anybody on this board remember seeing The Freeway Band at Creeque alley? Gerry's Kids (aka The Music Never Stopped) every month at the old Laf? Halloween and New Years shows at Auberge des Rapides? OK, I'm showing my age here!

I wasn't sure if this was an Ottawa board or a Nero board at first 8^P

I haven't had a chance to see/hear Nero, so hopefully they will be in the big smoke soon!

If anyone sees Blane (Montreal) JP (ottawa) or Alan Dodson (ottawa), say Hi!

It may have been me who spread this .moe rumour. The moderator of the New Deal newsgroup mentioned that scenario and I passed it along to some sources. But it's true, .moe is playing at .moedown on the 31st so there's no way they could open for the New Deal at the Wetlands that night. Sorry if it has caused any confusion.... see some of you at Ted's on Thursday?

Archived