Jambands.ca

Roll Call:D&T @ Pepper Jack's March 11th

show---whore

They will probably start shortly after 10, so i'd be there at 10 to be sure.

There is parking beside PJC. It does cost a couple a bucks to park there, but there is free parking two blocks down Hughston.

THe venue is beautiful, as you will find out tonight. Kick back on a couch, play pool, sit in front of a fire place, or watch the band, its allll good. [big Grin]

CLT:

MILES DAVIS LIVE

January 22, 1975

Shinjuku Kohseinenkin Hall

Unknown radio broadcast

Miles Davis Septet

the Blue Quarter Stick guy was great. Really enjoyed that and would check them out next time they were local.

Drums and Tuba- I love these guys ambient and punk and whatever..I love how they are hard to pin down thier change has moved around a lot from album to album so it kinds of depends on where they are at what sort of sound the audience gets. They are putting a new album out so we were hearing things from that for sure. Maybe theri new album isn't going to be as much your cup of tea as some of their other ones but I know I'll love it anyway. I love they way they all are on their instruments and they have great group energy so I love seeing them.

TK

Great to see so many people out on a tuesday.

I was amazed..nothing like booking your favourite band at your favourite bar.

Yes there was some new stuff last night and I was really diggin' "The Notorious Rumpler",The Donkey and the walrus" and of course my favourite "The Diagram"....I really dig these guys.The ambient insanity mixed with crazy hard jams and electronic chaos was just what this flu-laden skull needed last night and not working the door was a definate plus..

BQ was insane......."Constellation"...need I say more?I was enjoying that fully.

Cheers to all the guys.......

Bitou,Stephan ,Oliver of BQ.

Brian,Tony,Neal of D&T

These guys never seem to disappoint me,definatly both bands are not to be missed if they roll 'round your area.

Big thanks to all that came out last night to make it one great tuesday at PJC.

Groove Fetish great to see ya again...sorry didn't talk more...next time 'round. [big Grin]

Don't fear the Tuba!! [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

i thought that was pretty cheap too but I also had NO FUNDS last night. 2 bands for 6 bucks now come on thats 3 dollars a band, i think it is a great deal considereing some bands charge more for a one band night of 2 sets.

Thanks to secondtube for making it all possible last night, i totoally thought i wasnt gonna make, but am i ever glad we did. Blue quarter ripped a new hole in my ass, these guys kick.

D&T i thought was good aswell but i think blue quater should of headlined last nigght, but oh well that was good news for me considering i had to leave early last night [big Grin]

Fun time indeed

So, what'd everyone think? Personally, I missed the Blue Quarter portion of the show which apparently was absolutely ripping. I found D&T to be far too ambient for my tastes for much of their show. I really enjoyed the last song and the encore because they were just a little more spirited. Anyone else have an opinion? [smile]

I had a blast, the drums n tuba were really kickin the electronic gizmos, man did anyone else see the little orange scratchpad thingy that teh drummer had in that box of gear beside him? fuck that was the goods! that guy was gettin down, i want one of 'em, anyone know wtf it was?

blue quarter was primo too, alot funkyer then d&t, that chapman stick was amazing, me n carrie got some cds before we left.

ok so not my Q is, who taped that? anyone?

Archived