Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo Tickets

CyberHippie

Looks like they are all gone for now...

quote:

There are no longer enough seats to fill your request. Please click back on your browser and try requesting a lower quantity of tickets or another type of ticket. If you would like to change or add to your order, please click below to go to the basket page.

I bought our tickets yesterday and if you really want to go and can't find tivkets at Bonnaroo.com try some of the artist sites. I know we are also looking to get Bela tickets for the massey hall show and everytime I go check it I notice they have a bonnaroo on sale on thier site. So I would check artist sites before I said it was sold out.

check the dead, check WSP, check ABB, etc...

someone will have them still (I think).

Thanks for the help peeps... Actually I have my ticket. I was just pointing out that it looked like they were all gone for now. I was just talking with someone the other day and we were wondering how many tickets were left. My guess is that the Neil addition may have sped up the final ticket sales.

For people who are looking for tickets, make sure you get on the Bonnaroo mailing list. My guess is they will open up some more tickets in a little bit. Maybe after the add some more artists.

You almost wonder if having Bonnaroo be "sold out" isn't a marketing tool. I mean it was "sold out" last year, but then more were released.

To me, it makes sense to have it sold out now for a month or two. Reason being that if they can sell say 75,000 and 40k went the first day, 5k the week after and then 5k since, the first real rush is over and not too many people are buying tickets now. The people that wanted them early have them by now, and the rest were the "hot/cold" folks. By making it sold out and then re-releasing tix in a month people will jump all over it in with the "I better get one it'll sell out, Christ it already did sell out, ain't I lucky I get another shot, don't blow it this time" mentality...

Any thoughts?

I think that is possible. It would be nice to know what their ticket numbers have been like, how many they had at each price level etc...

I think what is more likely the case though is that they sold a ton on the first day. I mean their ticket server was serverly handicapped, took me 3 hours to get my ticket, so it must have been busy. They blasted through the first two price levels in an afternoon. I figure there was a bunch of tickets left that have been slowly selling off. I think the whack of artist additions, especially Neil Young, push all the hot/cold people to buy their tickets.

Last year I think what happened is once they sold out and realized there was a demand, they figured out a way to make room for another 10-15k people. So I guess the question is, did they include all those extra people this year in the initial sales? Can they still make it bigger? Will the addition of other big acts cause them to relase some more blocks of tickets?

I dunno... The web site doesn't seem to suggest any hope for more tickets this time around, unlike last year.

Archived