Jambands.ca

I saw...........

SolarGarlic

.........Nero! smile.gif" border="0 yup, first time i was able to attend a show and I can't wait until i can see another...preferably on a friday and/or saturday night. those days tend to let us working folks enjoy drinking mass quantities of our favorite malted pop.

Well, im not much on reviews but ill try and paint a fuzzy picture:

Just so ya know, we probably have a foot and a half of snow here in Calgary, all of which was aquired in the last 24-36 hours. This, unfortunately, seemed to be a bit of a deterent for the kids to be out in full force. Usually, as i was told by the waitress, "the kids pack the place even in -30 weather. you know, they're like groupies and stuff...come out every Monday to see the band..." (The band being Recipe From a Small Planet). on this night the bar seemed to be fairly quiet. I noticed that most of the "regular" folks that Ive seen at the Recipe shows and BNB shows were out but the place had around 50 people in total, max.

Nero took the stage around 10:45. Having heard some of the live recordings I was familiar with almost all of the tunes the band went through, however I am unfamiliar with the titles. also, having no previous precedent from which to draw from, i don't know if this was an on or an off night for the band personally...all i know, it was fun as hell!!! smile.gif" border="0 in my mind (which, at times, can be in a haze of Guinness pints) I thought they played well.

all of the ottawa "groupies" wink.gif" border="0 should be happy to know that your favorite homegrown band is playing well, and don't show any visible signs of travel, YET smile.gif" border="0

Thats all I have.

Nero dooods, nice meeting you all and i can't wait to toss back some pints and do it up right!! have fun out west. see ya'll at the Hotel.

i was there last night too!!!!!!!!!!! after a couple of near death experiences driving from Golden to Calgary during the frickin' blizzard yesterday, we made it safe and sound to calgary. Nero was awesome (as per usual) and lots of kids there got into their groove and boogied on down to the nero beats. It's so good to see their fanbase grow and i know for sure that as their tour progresses, nero is going to be a commonplace jamband name in the west. good luck boys with the rest of your tour!!

I'm glad they made it that far! I was worried that Ontario was too big to get through !

Youse guys have snow over there? What the hell? I'm in Canada too, and I don't see any snow.

I'm glad you enjoyed them. Why don't you hop on that bus?