Jambands.ca

Muffin... a downward spiral

doubleB

Seems every week gets worse and worse for the Muffin. Last night's Muffin saw no keyboards and no PoPo. A very sparse crowd and not many hotties.....

I asked about where PoPo has been.... Doing his own thing for a while was the response.... bummer, I think he is amazing. Looks like the end is drawing near for everyones Thursday night fun.... just in time for Groove Thursdays to take over in September..... which is good.... I guess... gonna have to keep an eye open for PoPo gigs though.....

How was the music, though?

I guess I'm a starry-eyed idealist: I believe (or I'd like to believe) that if the music is good, eventually it'll all work out ("If you play it, they will come"). I haven't Muffined for a while, though, and the last couple of Muffins I've been to were atypical nights (Marley's b-day, and the Thursday-that-seemed-like-a-Friday-'cause-of-Good-Friday), so I can't comment on what it's been like lately, but the ones I was at were smokin' (figuratively and literally).

(Unless you're implying from the topic subject that Raggamuffin is now a NIN cover band...The horror...the horror...)

Aloha,

Brad

It is because I so enjoyed the peak of the Muffin that I judge them so harshly now.....

It was still quality music.... that bass player is a one man show but when your used to PoPo's screaming solo's and 2 guys on keys.... you realy notice their absence

Last night, we had good muffin. PoPo was there, along with two keyboardists.

I caught most of the first set, and it was a blast. The crowd looked reasonably big (maybe 1/2 or 2/3 the size of the last Muffin I was at, the Thursday before Good Friday in March), and was grooving big time.

Aloha,

Brad