Jambands.ca

Discussion Item of the Day 03-25-03

Ms.Huxtable

I think this may be a repeat question, but perhaps your opinion has changed in light of recent world events.

Do you think the world will be a better or worse place in 100 years?

Enviromentally, I think it will be worse off. Ecosystems are being destroyed, entire plant and animal species continue to meet extinction. There's nothing that I can see that's reversing or even preserving this process.

Socially, I think it will be worse off with all the ill mannered, non-socialized and under-educated children that seem to be running around these days. (Of course my comment is generalized. There will always be exceptional people raised by exceptional parents.)

And cloning.... don't get me started with the reprecussions of that shite.

Bitter? Maybe I am a bit this morning, sorry. I blame Bush.

[Wink]

I think that if we all just spend even an hour or two a week building a positive relationship with a child then we would be on our way to a brighter future.

It wouldnt take much and we all have some positive qualities that we can pass on, whether it be coaching a team, teaching a child how to play an instrument, taking a child for to a park or a library. An even bigger step wold be to make the commitment of becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister.

Unfortunatly we can't depend soley on all the parents in the world, many of them need support themselves. Not to sound too preachy but I do beleive that it takes a "community to raise a child". [big Grin]

We all have to work together somehow if there is going to be a change.

They are the ones who are going to make the decisions of the future, they are our best investments.

Archived