Jambands.ca

Questions Of The Day - Oct. 30/02

Jaimoe

This has always intrigued me as much as it's made me irrirated. When shopping for used cds, what new cds have:

(1) shocked and surprised you that someone traded in certain particular album(s) so quickly?

And (2) doesn't surprise you that it's already in the used bin?

1. Surprised - Phil Lesh & Friends: There & Back Again - I saw this one many times when it first came out, both Deluxe and standard releases. Fools! I've seen Trey's new cd along with the last few Dick's Picks too in the used bin. Damned fucking fools!

2. Not surprised: Jimmy Fallon's lastest " comedy " album: The Bathroom Wall. Now that's funny!

I saw Oysterhead - The Grand Pecking Order 2 months ago at Cash Converters. Another thing that pissed me off was finding every single Blind Melon album in the super cheap $3 bin. I don't know what y'all think of Blind Melon, but for those of you who don't know, they're sure as hell a lot better than "No Rain". I mean, there were celine dion and billy ray cyrus albums that cost more than $3. Oh well, if they're willing to sell 'em for that cheap, i'm willing to buy 'em.

I recently aquired the new Pork Tornado cd as well as the new Slip Cd. Actually, I found them right around the time they were being released. Ive found a bunch of great Dead albums, seen Govt mule discs, and many other titles.

There seems to be no shortage of Chumbawumba's "Tub Thumpin" in the used bins [big Grin]

I wonder if a lot of the recent CDs in the used stores are promo copies, given to newspapers, radio stations, etc., and then not needed and/or haphazardly discarded by unknowing staff. I used to buy a lot of my LPs and CDs are Driftwood Music in Toronto, and a lot of the LPs had that cutout hole indicating a promo copy "not for resale". Yeah, right.

Aloha,

Brad

I was once surprised to find Strangefolk's Weightless In Water album in the used section of Cheapie's in Hamilton, about a year after it had come out. Also this past Summer I found a used copy of the Bullfrog album at Cheapie's, signed by 3 members of the band! hehe [Cool]