Jambands.ca

Sneakers

dave-O

I was blown away. Sneakers have some incredible talent.

The guitar player is a MUST-SEE for any guitarist. The group was so much better than I had imagined.

They are playing in Montreal next Friday doing 3-sets. It would totally be worth the trip from ottawa for a night of amazing jams.

I think they will be coming back to Ottawa early in June as well.

Organix was a very pleasant suprise. I found out very early on that they were all members from Groovebug. But instead of having a structured show of funk, they were actually showing off their real talents of the improvised jams. Bass,drums, guitar, sax and keys. Incredible line-up.

B+Z played around with the sounds again and brought out a 'wasserman' bow this time. It was very interesting and of course - trippy. It was unfortunate that set-up conflicted with the timing.

The beauty with Organix is that they are local, so they should be playing again really soon. Everyone will really dig them.

I urge you to see Sneakers this friday if it is at all possible. I'm toying with the idea of heading up to Montreal next friday.

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

They are playing in Montreal next Friday doing 3-sets. It would totally be worth the trip from ottawa for a night of amazing jams.

I urge you to see Sneakers this friday if it is at all possible. I'm toying with the idea of heading up to Montreal next friday.

Where's the gig? I Googled for a Sneakers website and didn't find anything aside from Adidas and Nike [Mad] .

I might be up for the trip if anyone's going.

Aloha,

Brad

Really, they were wonderful, tasteful, intense with enough nocturnal chording for those that crave dissonance and volume pedal swells. The guy has a great jazz finger picking style. Enormously talented!

Not to be missed next time they are in town.

Steve

quote:

Best $5 I've spent since Smokestack came to town...

My thoughts exactly. Ive got nothing but good things to say about what went down last night except for all the jagermeister which was problematic this morning eeeerrr afternoon.

Thx to everyone who made last night such a blast.

Archived