Jambands.ca

i met henry rollins last night

PalacePrincess

and you know what? he's pretty little!!! i was expecting the giant hulking man you see in the liar video, but no, he's pretty small. he's way more animated & friendly onstage, but he was still pretty nice. the *five feet of fury* & i decided (by virtue of best 3/5 flip action with "the dime of reason" -- or insanity, haha) on the way home to turn back & pull some dorkish wait-by-the-tour-bus action (hell, why not, right?). we must have missed the fresh from the venue, initial meet & greet, because he actually came OUT of the bus to say hello us & 2 other lingerers.

he's pretty cool and seemed quite polite & nice -- he must have been exhausted after the marathon show, but he was very accommodating. i even manged to make him laugh, which of course, i am dorkishly adding to my list of lifetime achievements. :)

the show itself was great. 3-1/2 bum numbing hours (that felt more like 2 hours tops!), of nonstop cackling on this girl. he touched on a number of fairly important issues, and had many hilarious anecdotes to share -- the sort only henry rollins would have to experience at all. he's got a dead on william shatner impression too.

if anyone's been tossing around the idea of hitting up any of the shows on this tour, i highly recommend it. it's a nice break from a standard concert endeavour, and he is truly entertaining. i'm very happy i made it out for this one, and I'd definitely see him again in a heartbeat.

oh, and a personal thumbs up highlight -- the signs under the girlie shirts at the merch table which read "buy one for your girlfriend you cheap bastard!!!" hahahahahahah

LittlemissPink, it was my *HONOUR* to have you as my date last night. everywhere i go with you is that much more fun because you are there!

and hahaha, in case you are wondering, no, we chickened out on making any helmet comments. heehee

and ladies, sweet damn hot skippy about droooooling, he is *sooooooooooo* cute. much cuter in real life even! mandy. his whole face is way younger looking up close & he even has this whole cute little boyishness about him that you don't see on stage or on the tv. sigh!