Jambands.ca

What a let down!!! *DELETED*

Jared

"it just goes to show us all that with a few good bands and some good friends and a run down ghost town anyone of us could start a new kick ass festival,, to take us into the new summer, its not hard"

Give 'er a shot - show us know how easy it really is!

You have officially become the number ass on this board...at least in my opinion... think of all the work and planning went into getting the CTMF back on its feet... not to mention there is some pretty good talent there as well...its a grass roots festival Jared... enjoy it for what it is... not to mention, u dont have to go if you dont want to so why make nasty comments? Correct me if im wrong but you really enjoy Caution Jam?

sorry, what i ment was that i don't think it would be hard to put a festival togeter, if you knew the bands and had a place,, i see tons of people doing it every year with all the smaller fest around ontario, i'm not trying to diss anyone, all i was trying to say is that maybe its time somewone else gave it a try, cause it looks to me like ctmf has peaked and is now on its was down. i could be wrong, but thats my 2 cents,

also i am wondering why there are only going to be 2 fests this year instead of 4? it kinda makes me think that the organizers figure its not worth the work to put it on, which just add to what i am saying

Although the line-up may not be to the caliber of some past CTMF's I still see a solid line-up there.

Unfortunatley,the venue isnt a place I wish to be at,for other reasons then last years festival there and with the saker a week later I plan on saving myself for that one (my b-day party).But I believe Mark cares alot about this festival,why would he work as hard as he does or has with it.

I have not worked in the capcity of organizing a festival,but I was lucky enough to be invlved with promoting and booking bands,so I was able to get a feel for what sorta money,time,effort,countless phone calls,arguments back & forth etc that is involved on top of trying to do my day job at the time.It isnt easy..at least for me.I also am fortunate enough to be in good communication with Farley who has also taught me alot (perhaps without knowing completly) about what it takes to put on a festival.All the requirements,permits,washrooms,equipment,bands..man there is so much work involved with a festival,even one the size of CTMF or The Shaker.More then I think most people could or would want to undertake,I know I would be a wreck if I was attempting somthng like that.

I highly doubt jared,no,wait,I know it is not as easy you seem to think it is.I also second Velvets comment,please Jared show us how easy it really is,I love to see it.

To say Mark just doesn't care?!?....man,disapointed or not I think its you who doesn't care.

It seems as though you feel you are owed somthing here Jared,please enlighten me on what you have done that would be reason for Mark to owe you anything.

I commend Mark Wilson for his tireless efforts to help bring and have a great festival we can attend here in Ontario,especially one with the acceptance of the crazy shit we all do while there,alot of festival organizers would have put a stop to many of the activities that go on there or would have just packed it in.If there is another festival of this sort in Ontario I would like to know about it,because I have never heard of one like CTMF here in Ontario.

Cheers Mark Wilson and those who work with him on CTMF and THANK YOU for giving us a place to enjoy the music we love.

yeah i do enjoy catuion jam and a few other bands on the list,, and i'm not trying to diss anyone or be an ass, i'm just really dissipointed in the festival,, it just seems to me like they are taking a huge step backwards, buy now the should have way better bands playing, and all the venue problums worked out and all the info posted a while ago. i mean just compaired to last may 24 the line up is week.

i aagree that i might have gone alittle over the top, and i am sorry, its just all the waiting and waiting, and constantly checking for info, and now we get some and its just kinda sucki, as for it being my chiose to go or not, i probably won't be going, unless there is nothing else going on, or all my friends decide to go there, and if i do go it won't be to see low quality bands like cavern, it will be to see dd, cjam, and my friends

"i don't think it would be hard to put a festival togeter, if you knew the bands and had a place"

Ignoance is bliss, ain't it?

That's the first two steps, and they are both pretty tricky (keep in mind, knowing bands doesn't mean their schedule will fit your festival), and the next 29 steps are no picnic either I'll bet.

Tell you what, somebody find me the land and I'll give 'er a shot. Not Frontier Town and not Killaloe. Suggestions?

i'm in velvet, i'd be more then willing to help put together a festival, and i already have 2 large companies that will back it, if you have any ideas for a location then let me and we can get to work for next may 24, or mayne this labourday

Jared,

I am really dissapointed in you for this rant man. You don't understand how much thankless effort goes into putting on ONE bar show, let alone a festival, involving stages, permits, equipment, tickets, policing, toilet facilities, security, the bands and so much more. Mark Wilson works extremely hard behind the scenes for this music community, and I think this festival, although smaller looks great! Diesel Dog, Jomomma, Tala, Caution Jam and others will make it smaller, but just as fun.

Dude, take your head out of your ass for this one. This is by no means a personal attack, you just have think before you type sometimes.

I AM NO SAYING THAT MARK DOESN'T DO ANYTHING OR TRYING TO PUT DO0WN THE FESTIVAL,,I AM VERY SURE MARK PUTS ALOT OF WORK INTO IT, AND I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR HIM AND HIS CONTRIBUTION TO THE JAMBAND COMUNITY,

ALL IS WAS TRYING TO SAY IT THAT ITS REALLY SEEMS LIKE THE FESTIVAL IS TAKING A HUGE STEP BACKWARDS, MAYBE I WORDED IT WRONG OR TRYPED TO QUICKLEY AND I AM SORRY

MARK DOES A GREAT JOB, ALL I WAS SAYING IS THAT MAYBE ITS TIME SOME OTHER PEOPLE TOOK MATTERS IN THERE OWN HANDS AND TOOK SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THERE FUN, AND STARTED THNING OF MAKING A FESTIVAL THAT WAS MORE LIKE FRONTIERTOWN AND LESS LIKE IZZYS

I AM SORRY

Having worked on dozens of live concert events for television, I know that organizing a festival is really difficult - it takes a great deal of organization and managerial skills, let alone the task is stressful as hell. It's like hosting a giant party and you hope that everyone involved has a good time and leaves safe and healthy. There are so many unseen variables, let alone the seen ones. I tip my hat to Mark and wish him the best of luck, with good attendance.

and i already have 2 large companies that will back it,

Why not see if they will help with CTMF then instead of trying to find a new festival you could just take those "big companies" backing and help out at CTMF since you seem to know how it should be done.

Seems easier then finding a new location,getting permits,hiring security,bands and going against another festival.

BOTH PURE HEMP AND TORONTO HEMP COMPANY ( sacred seed and the toronto compassion center )_ would have been more then willing to sponser / support the festival in any way, but there offers were truned down countless times, in the hope of not comershalizing the festival or at least i was told.

torotno hemp and the cannabis company sponserd several smaller festivals across canada, such as hemp fest, freedomfest, hempola failmy fair, the toronto star jazz fest and many others

thats quite the over reaction Jared... the festival is evolving into something different than before but that doesn't mean something bad

if you don't want to go don't, but don't try to turn the board against the festival

there's nothing wrong with camping with friends and great music no matter how you look at it

the hot food was certainly a treat, and the dusty dance area was soft on the feet and they've taken the time and trouble to find an area for partiers to camp away from the families, very considerate... Frontier Town wasn't built in a day either ya know

as to where to find a location you may remember everyone on the board put their heads together last year and didn't come up with much... private land where the owner is willing to put up with several hundred partying freaks is hard to find... if I wanted to go to a corporate festival I'd just go to one of the Barrie rock fests

in any case, Esau's dead right... Mark doesn't deserve to be slagged for all his blood sweat and tears putting on years of awesome festivals

a lot of bands that are popular on here are playing the Shaker meaning they're out east... simple logistics dictates they can't be in two places at once... later in the summer a lot of them will likely play CTMF and then you'll be dying to go... not every Frontier Town had amazing line-ups but it didn't stop people from loving the festival, just meant more time partying at your campsite with your friends and wicked times regardless

Thats a fine bit of editting you did in your first post there Jared,where did the part about Mark not caring and not wanting to invest any time in CTMF go?

If you are being straight up then why would you edit it?