Jambands.ca

Contact - Thurs. May 6th @The Lanc

MamaPink

look out ridgemont high, fast times at the lanc on thursday night! whoohooo!

anybody know what time contact is playing? (hopefully last?!) yet again, this will be a post-dance-rehearsal appearance, so i'm gonna have to miss out on the first part of the night.

really excited to see contact though, i've heard so many great things about them!

c'mon people of k-dub, step up and come out for this one! no excuses! haha.

Originally posted by Palace Princess:

anybody know what time contact is playing? (hopefully last?!) yet again, this will be a post-dance-rehearsal appearance, so i'm gonna have to miss out on the first part of the night.

They come on at midnight!

Woohoo - my favorite dance partner will be at my side... sssssssssssssmoke!

Mark - so glad you'll be there aswell... been awhile since I've seen ya! Lookin' forward to another good ol' Lanc throwdown!!!

man, i wish i could make it to this show... not in the cards, though.

you guys'll love Contact. there's too many sounds and good things to say, that to describe them would take a run-on sentence that would land me in grammar prison.

hopefully you'll dig 'em enough to come on down for an encore in London on Saturday nite... really looking forward to it.

enjoy!

For those who are looking for a taste of Contact:

The April 30, 2004 show by Contact at Mavericks is now available for download. (Note that you have to be a JamHub member to access downloads; membership is free.)

Source: matched Oktava MC012s (cards, ORTF-ish) > Behringer UB1002 > Sharp MD-MT15S

Transfer: Sharp MD-MT15S > Soundblaster Audigy > Creative Sound Recorder > CD Wav

Note that d1t01 is actually the sound check, but it seemed good enough (and "song" enough) to be included. d1t03 is pretty long (approx. 40 minutes), and is a hugh segue-after-segue thing, but I didn't know where the song divisions were.

Aloha,

Brad

Well let me just say, Contact sure loves what they do. They played their hearts out for the mere amount of people who sparsely filled the Lanc last night. A sad showing for kitchener, but hey - it WAS a Thursday.... so kudos to those who made it out AND to the band for playing so hard! I kept thinking how lucky I was to have, what felt like a private show. Tons of room to dance ... and for the give'r girls, that's a good thing!

Contact produces such a big sound, which was great because it filled the empty pockets of space in venue. Two 45 minute sets of melodic spacey tunes, tightly played with no breaks between tracks. They had me moving, regardless of my tired bones. And DAMN! I wish EVERY band had hand drums... they add such a tasty groove to each song and the guy playing the congas last night was probably my favorite aspect.

Great show guys... can't wait for the next one.

And DAMN! I wish EVERY band had hand drums... they add such a tasty groove to each song and the guy playing the congas last night was probably my favorite aspect.

no shit. dude fuckin smokes! lookin forward to tomorrow nite!

Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but from what I heard, Contact is a solid band with great instrumental grooves to get people dancing. I would definitely go to another one of their shows ... preferably one where I don't have to get up early the next morning and face a full day of responsibility.

Peace, Mark

wow, i was totally impressed with this show. absolutely couldn't stop dancing, the boys were quite apt with their instruments, and the quality of the songs alone has their talent shine through. really looking foward to seeing these guys again, all i kept thinking throughout the whole set was why the heck aren't these guys on the CTMF lineup????? they would go SOOOOOOOOOOOOO perfectly with the festival. powers that be, make it be, seriously, these guys are tha bomb.

mark tonin, instagator, fellow give'rers, great to see you out!!!!

and pink, the amazing, it's a pleasure as always. :) funny how you & i are the ones that had to be at work today at 8am and 9am, and yet, we were still the last ones standing.... hahahaha :D