Jambands.ca

Looking for Kingston or Belleville informatio

Check 1-2

Depends on who you are and what you need...

Scherzo books bands, but its for the door I think.

The Merchant McLaim, I've heard, has a decent guarantee... so would the Toucan.

On campus is Alfies, they'll pay the best if they think you'll fill the place. Its probably the hardest to get into.

The Elixer is another tough one, usually only gets semi-"name acts" ie. The New Deal or Drums and Tuba, and has pre-sale tix etc.

umm... if its folkie then the Kingston Brewing pub will sometimes book people not sure if its door or guarantee...

Thats all I can think of right now.. oh wait... the QP on campus is another door place...

Hope that helps.

I played at a place called the Shot a few years ago...if it's still in business. Not a bad place.

Played alfies as an opener...not a bad option if you can contact one of the bands playing there, may want an extra act.

Good Luck....

Scherzo's is a great venue. I love the couches!

Their stage and dancefloor are tightly integrated and makes for a great experience for both performer and dancemachine.

I haven't been to Merchant's yet, but they certainly are jam-friendly.

Hey Check, I'd recommend Merchant MacLiam definitely for bands - the pay & food/drink privileges are excellent, the staff are very friendly, and they even have an apartment above the bar with plenty of room for crashing!

Contact the booker dude, Thom Fairley < sosyermum@hotmail.com" target="_blank > - great guy! Tell him the folks from Uncle Seth say hello.

Peace,

Mr. M.

Archived