Jambands.ca

BELA FLECK CANJAM INTERVIEW

Jay Funk Dawg

bela_fleck_04-20-04_010.JPG

Bela Fleck Canadian Interview

Primed to play the Toronto Downtown Jazz Festival later this summer (Wednesday, June 30th; Nathan Philips Square) after an energetic and sold- out concert in Hamilton two week ago, Bela Fleck and The Flecktones are touring in support of their recent release, a sprawling three-disc album "Little Worlds." Multiple Grammy Award winning Banjo Player extraordinaire Bela Fleck, who is joined onstage by the Wooten brothers, bassist Victor (3-time Bass Player Magazine 'Bassist of the Year) and his brother Future Man, on the Drumitar (a percussion instrument of his own creation) and Jeff Coffin on saxophone, sat down with Jay Cleary in Hamilton on the day of the 4:20 show to talk to about his work and approach to making music.

Read the interview on Jamhub...

BELA FLECK INTERVIEW

"I want to take them to a place that they didn't expect. I want to create excitement, depth. I want the audience to feel the chord changes, the emotional component. I want them to feel a mood, or like they have just gone on an emotional journey. I want them to feel better at the end. To feel surprised."

Well you damn well succeeded(sp) in that Mr. Fleck