Jambands.ca

DAVE AND TREY to perform on LETTERMAN tonight

TimmyB

Dave Matthews and Trey Anastasio will perform with Orchestra

Baobob, the acclaimed Senegalese band, as the musical guest on Late Night with David Letterman tonight Friday May 7, 2004.

Dave and Trey recently traveled to Senegal to perform with Orchestra Baobob for their first performance in 15 years. The story will be featured on VH1's 'Inside Out' which will debut on May 8th.

just saw them on Jay Leno the other night, was pretty rockin for Dave, Trey and the other guitar player trying to out-wail each other... when he went to talk (and Trey went backstage with the band??) he mostly tried to pick up the model he was sitting beside more than talked to Leno... told an amusing story about how male goats like to pee on their own faces to attract mates (and made eyes at the model)

I saw Letterman after I got home from the YES concert. Did any one else see it? Trey and Dave were in black suits and Dave had a nice hat too. Trey played guitar and was a backing vocalist. Dave was not playing a guitar and just sang back up. Orchestra Baobob were all dressed in colourful robes and the two guitarists in the band were both playing Paul Languedoc guitars. Trey and the lead guitaris in Orchestra Baobob traded off on solos and the tune was good too.

For those who watched it, what did you think?

i actually forgot this was happening, and while skippin' along i heard the beats... thought it sounded awesome... then i saw Trey and Dave and it clicked in.... i thought they were 100% unnecessary TO THE MUSIC, but i guess they served as a reason for numerous other individuals to watch it, and see something they probably never would have otherwise.