Jambands.ca

Salt Spring Island

DevO

I guess I should follow up on this one! I've finally come down from the little trip that I took, it was soo good! I flew out of Toronto on Thursday at 7am and flew out on Tuesday at 5pm. The island is beautiful; almost as beautiful as Allison herself! ::

- had a great hike through Ruckle Park and saw those magnificient ocean views.

- we tried to make it up Mt. Maxwell for a sunset but couldn't get there, and we realized that if we did get to the top, we'd never make it back down, cuz we were only hitching and no one was around.

- saw a beautiful sunset at Vesuvius Beach, drank wine there, ate cheese, french bread, local smoked salmon, very good.

- hitched everywhere and met lots of interesting folk

- never made it to Fernwood Dock unfortunately KEv, although we were hoping to!

- Ate at The Treehouse a few times, that bakery in Fulford right beside Treehouse South, Barb's Buns, etc.

- swam in Cusheon Lake

- Went to the market in Ganges on Saturday.. I was most amazed by the DELICIOUS locally grown, all organic fruits and vegetables, such good food!! it was a real treat. Seems like a really tightly knit and supportive community on Salt Spring, i liked that aspect a lot. Artists all over the place!

- the hostel is really nice as well.. my girlfriend lives in a big tent back in the forest, almost a rainforest. The first night there she surprised me and rented out the couples treehouse which was really nice.

- BANANA SLUGS! these bastards are bigger than your hand and so slimey. Also saw a good amount of starfish!

- I was SUPPOSED to fly out of Vancouver on Monday at 5pm, so we said goodbye, all sad and everything and I left, got to the airport 4 hours later barely in time for my flight... only to find out that there had been a screw-up and I wasn't on that flihgt!!! Instead I was booked to fly out at 5pm the following day. Panicked (sp) for a while, tried to get a hold of some Vancouver friends unsuccessfully.. Then I looked at some schedules and figured out that if I caught the next bus, I could get back to Salt Spring and the hostel and Allison by 10pm.. SO I did it and took her by complete surprise! It was so great to see the look on her face! heeeheee. The 2nd goodbye the following morning was a lot easier.

Thats about it! Thanks for those Island tips.

p.p.s. How cool is it that there's a place called 'Ganges' and a place called 'Vesuvius' on the Island? :) I think that's pretty cool.

Pretty neat thats for sure,given the 'Ganges' is also a river of human waste,dead bodies,animal corpses and bacterial disease in India.

I like the town called 'Dogs Nest' here in Ontario.Actually, thats not only cool but totally rad dude.

Party on!! ::

Oh the Banana SLugs. They are crazy to say the least.

Glad you had a good time there,. After 4 months apart my womyn and I re-united at my mom's house outside of Victoria. With that kind of backdrop it's going to be momentous. I trust it's the same with a place like Saltspring.

• 5 years later...