Jambands.ca

Van Morrsion is coming back to TO!

TimmyB

I don't know when the show will be but a friend of mine at Q107 said that VAN MORRISON will be coming back to Toronto to perform for the first time since June 25, 1995!

I remember that day fondly. It was my twenty-first birthday and I went with my then girlfriend Heather. Van Morrison performed that day at the good ol' Maple Leaf Gardens. He was touring for his album "Days Like This" (The title track for the album was used in the movie "As Good As It Gets", in the scene where Jack Nicholson was driving the car and put the song on the stereo to impress Helen Hunt), and this was where he transformed his attire to the Blues Brothers motif, of the black suit, sunglasses and hat.

It was a great show, and I was lucky enough to see him three more times in Vancouver in 1998 during the Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison triple bill. I'm a bigger Dylan fan, but on that night Morrison blew everybody off the stage.

I'm rambling now.

All I know is that Morrison should be playing the Molson Amphitheatre and the tickets will be going on sale June 21. When I find out more I'll post it here.

Nice,I've caught Van a few times,favourite show for me had to be May 13th & 14th 1998 in Vancouver.Dylan had a show on the 13th at "The Rage" (1000-1500 ppl venue) and we had just got to BC that day,scored tickets and while there we got to mingle in the VIP area upstairs at the Rage (luck would have it, a friend of a friend..etc etc),which luckily enough Van Morrison was one of the few big name guests chillin out at the time,brief hello and hand shake,then the show started,Dylan kicks it off with NFA!.The next night was at GM Place with Joni Mitchell,Van Morrison & Bob Dylan.Doesn't get much better then that for me.(unless Neil had of played)

Van also has to be the saddest music I listen to (personal memories thing),but always puts a smile on my face in the end.

"I heard you paid your dues in Canada...."

-These dreams of you

I wish I was going to be able to make it,but alas I do believe I will still be in the can for that show.

[edit to add]:

Shit,my canoe is happily named "Into the mystic".

And correct the date....

Hey Esau, I was at those gigs in Vancouver too and they were in 1998 not 1997. As for whether or not you'll be able to go. It show goes on sale on June 21, I have no idea when the gig will actually be. It could be in late August or early September.

Good to hear about the ticket date,although I'll be in at that time,I'll have to set up somthing to assure my ticket.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah,1998,I was listening to a 1997 Dylan show at the time.

My mistake.

I also have the Rage show on CDR but am still currently looking for the GM Place,we recorded both but I only have the xassette of GM place and am aching for a quality copy on CDR.

I was in awe of the Stone Walls And Steel Bars and Lightfoot's Not Suppose to care that night at the Rage,I also ran into someone I had met in Amsterdam at the Cannabis cup the year before,was quite a trip and quite a night.We should have a talk next time we cross paths Tim,we do often,be good to talk some Bob with ya.