Jambands.ca

Trey, Mike talk to Rolling Stone...

Basher

[color:"purple"] PHISH'S ANASTASIO FEARS FOR LIFE FOLLOWING BAND BREAK UP

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

filed: June 3, 2004

filed at 4:01 PM ET

BURLINGTON--(AP)

Trey Anastasio, lead guitarist and vocalist for jam-band Phish, has filed for eleven restraining orders against fans who have allegedly threatened the musician's life after he announced the impending break-up of the popular concert attraction.

"It's more about protecting my family," said Anastasio. "I don't want to overreact, but I remember what happened to John Lennon and Selena."

One Internet posting read: "This is (explatitaive deleted)...You play until someone dies."

Tracking down authors of internet posts is not difficult for authorities, and they expect to process the orders as early next week.

"Some people might think I'm going too far, but I'm sure anyone with kids understands," said Anastasio, in a statement.

I think they are doing the right thing for now, and I can't wait to see the side projects. TAB will tear it up and Vida Blue will continue to get stronger. Who knows what else will emerge?

Colin

Pork Tornado will rule the world....and become the biggest jam band ever. Mark my words.. you just wait and see.

Any member of Phish had the authority to pull the plug on the whole thing at any time, a privelege not to be taken lightly and with drastic consequences.

Which is why Trey's reasons and explanations are so frustrating, even a casual fan can poke holes in nearly all of them.

One Internet posting read: "This is (explatitaive deleted)...You play until someone dies."

:D

holy crap thats good stuff

listen trey,,, you keep playin YEM and golgi until someone keels over on stage, ill be out back lookin for heady groundscores"

i think ill just go on warren haynes tour, every night hes with a dirrerent band, same damn shoeshine tune though

i think if any member (regardless of pact or not) wanted out that would be it for phish.

As for playing a lot of older tunes post-hiatus...just my opinion on reading stuff that trey/phish wanted a new feel to songs/phish...not necessarily a new tune but more a different feel and exploration of older tunes and new tunes alike. guess that didnt happen.

it was a great ride.

no bitterness here.

hope 20 years from now i happen to be in that bar...when they are a boozin and decide to take the stage for a few tunes....

see ya all in vermont.