Jambands.ca

A couple of thoughts from Hookahville

Blurry

Hookahville was amazing - the company even better!!

Song highlights for me:

Ophelia (Hookah with Leftover Salmon)

Handle Me With Care (Hookah with LoS)

How Mountain Girls can Love (Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder)

Shady Grove (Ricky Skaggs)

The Old Home Place (Ricky Skaggs)

Cold Rain & Snow (Del McCoury Band)

Other Highlights:

- Just hanging out at the stage for 4 hours on Saturday afternoon listening to that sweet lonesome bluegrass. SO NICE!!! My ears have been thanking me for taking them since we got back. Ricky Skaggs blew my mind and the surprise of the weekend (last year's award went to Bennevento and Russo) was Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver. Wow did they SMOKE!! This guy was practically molesting his mandolin and the voices on these guys....WOW again!! At one point they all put down there instruments and did a couple of gospel numbers acapella (thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!!!!)

- Leftover Salmon ('nuff said)

- Sing-alongs around the campfire with Muddy Babsybox, Backbacon, Steve from Cleveland (well he was passed out but I'm sure he was singing in his sleep), karinannie, Boss and Aubre!! SO much fun.........can I say that again.....SO MUCH FUN :: :: (and that's even having come home with poison ivy)

Glad you had such a great time at Hookahville, although if you didn't have a great time I'd have to question my understanding of the world! :: ;) ::

It looks like my date is heading to Chatham on Friday ... I guess I better give him a call and make sure he's still going with me! ::

Peace, Mark

sorry i missed it babs. i feel like i've let the hookah boys down as of late.

Glad to hear it was such fun, gotta love the bluegrass. how are karin and james? s from c? i miss them yanks and need a dose of U.S. partyin sometime.

oh well, see ya saturday at heather's :)

Yes indeed!!! Saturday afternoon was the most wonderful afternoon of music I have witnessed ever in my life! Pure sunny-day twangy bluegrass bliss!! Perfect weather... best hookahville weather I've witnesses! HUGE smiles on everyone's faces!! JOY!

A couple of Mud's pics:

aab.jpg

Babs diggin it to Ricky Skaggs (on the screen)

aac.jpg

K-Dub!!