Jambands.ca

Saturday June 19 TORONTO Tala + New Shady Groove

Jay Funk Dawg

This is definatly going to be a great show. I've heard very good things about Tala and I'm looking forward to playing with them very much.

Also a quick reminder that TNSG is playing:

Thursday, June 10 @ Scherzo in Kingston

Friday, June 11 @ Cafe Dekcuf in Ottawa (w/Tala & PressWon)

Saturday, June 12 @ le Swimming in Montreal (w/Contact)

We'll be touring across Canada all summer. Check out our website (tucked conveniently in my signature) for a list of confirmed dates. Hope to see some of you over the next couple of weeks!

What is Tala all about? Tala is the rhythmic cycle in Classical Indian music but would I be presumptuous to assume this band incorporates anything of the sort in their music?

Tala's a lot of fun. A lot of their stuff does get rhythmic and trancy and, to my ears, incorporates a bit more of a "world music" thing, but your opinion may differ.

For a sample, you can download their April 10, 2004 performance here. (Note that you'll have to be a JamHub member to get access to downloads; registration is free.) This show was their first one with the new (trio: guitar, bass, drums) line-up, and features all-new tunes.

Aloha,

Brad

anyone check out shows at the EL Mocambo this past weekend? It was Nort By North East Music Festival...

I saw Daniel Lanois hangin' out there on Friday.. Saturday kicked some ass with Kobayashi and White Cowbell Oklahoma...

Next week there are two shows...

June 17th el mocambo

Servo - East Coat's hard rockin' 4 piece featuring acclaimed vocalist "Ryan Pierce"

Superstack as seem at Come Together Festival

and

Short Wave - A great rockin' Toronto group who usually plays at the Horseshoe

starts at 10PM

and on

Saturday June 19

we got a great jam double bill

Tala + The New Shady Groove