Jambands.ca

Live Phish v.17-20

hamilton

12.29.94!!!!!!!!!!! Woo-fucking-hoo!!!!!!

LIVE PHISH 17-20 OUT ON MAY 20 -- MIKE'S PICKS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PHISH will release the next four volumes of their LIVE PHISH series on May 20.

Volumes 17-20 will feature selections made by Mike Gordon. After reviewing 20 years of personal journals (most of them commentary regarding Phish shows) and using his notes as a guide, he whittled down the list of 1,331 candidates -- that's roughly the number of Phish gigs between 10/30/83 and 10/7/00 -- to a more manageable 50. He halved that list to 25 and then further excised it down to ten

before making a final selection of four "Mike's Picks." Two of the releases are two-disc sets. The other two are three-disc sets. As a bonus, they include significant 'filler' tracks from additional shows.

We're still updating the Live Phish CDs web site (http://cds.livephish.com) with the new material. Look for audio and video samples of the new shows by the end of the month. In the meantime, you can view full setlists and filler tracks on the Phish Dry Goods site at http://www.phish.com/drygoods/home/category.html?cid=19.

The shows:

LIVE PHISH 17 (3 CDs)7.15.98 Portland Meadows Portland, OR

(filler: 7/29/98 Riverport Amphitheatre, Maryland Heights, MO)

LIVE PHISH 18 (3 CDs)5.7.94 The Bomb Factory Dallas, TX

(filler: 11/22/94 Jesse Auditorium, Columbia, MO)

LIVE PHISH 19 (2 CDs)7.12.91

Colonial Theatre Keene, NH

Note: This show was part of Phish's "Horn Tour" featuring The Giant Country Horns

LIVE PHISH 20 (2 CDs)12.29.94 Providence Civic Center Providence, RI

Phish Dry Goods is now taking preorders for Live Phish 17-20. We will begin

shipping orders approximately two weeks before the official release date of May

HOLY SHIT!! these picks are SWEET x3.

Make no mistake, the filler on '94 Bomb Factory : FUNKY BITCH>JAM is the most bad ass jam of 94!!!!! [Eek!][big Grin][Eek!] Many tasty realms explored.

Hey Kung, you just scored headee points for the 12/29/94 release! Congrats.

Can't wait to see what the other members pick for the next releases!!

Once again, my issue with the Live Phish series comes to a head.

Having seen the first three shows of the '98 US Summer Tour, I feel 07-17-98 should have been the pick. Sure, the worst guff you have ever heard happens at the start of Character Zero, but that is NOT enough to not choose it.

Hell, that pick is a solid show, but not near what we experienced two days later............

I guess 'avaliability' comes into play.

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

Having seen the first three shows of the '98 US Summer Tour, I feel 07-17-98 should have been the pick.

One of these two shows has some serious "wind" issues on the audience tapes, as I recall (since all of my discs are in boxes in my parents' basement on the other side of the world, I can't remember which...). You can actually hear the sound drifting with the wind in the first set.

I would have to agree that 7.17.98 is a better show, but this one ain't no slouch, either.

Brian.

07/15/98 is a great show, as are all of the picks this time. Solid stuff. I am really looking forward to hearing a nice Horns show too as well as a perfect copy of the Tzeexerfest from Dallas.

As for availability, all of the 98 shows are pretty much available far and wide, so I don't think that is much of an issue. Some of the early West Coast 98 shows suffer from some wind issues, but there are multiple sources for pretty much every show.

If the LivePhish releases keep going like this I am sure we will continue to see TONS of great shows.

Colin

I hope all of you hwo like the later 90's phish downloaded the Ervin J Nutter Ctr. 12/07/97' show off of live phish downloads....this show is definately the shit.

Check out the Timber and Reba on the 2nd disc, not to mention the possum...theme and slave in set one!!!!

killer stuff

quote:

Originally posted by jon:

I hope all of you hwo like the later 90's phish downloaded the Ervin J Nutter Ctr. 12/07/97' show off of live phish downloads....this show is definately the shit.

Check out the Timber and Reba on the 2nd disc, not to mention the possum...theme and slave in set one!
!!!

killer stuff

This was one of the most entertaining shows that I had the pleasure of attending (remember that trip, Trevor?). [big Grin]

Archived