Jambands.ca

Three cd's for 20 bucks.

secondtube

So i went in to Dr. Disk to pick up my antibalas tickets, which luckily weren't sold out, and found out they had a jazz sale, buy three cd's for 20 bucks!!!!!

So i found, brand spanking new:

Classic jazz performances from the BBC archives: Dizzy Gillespie Live At The Royal Festival Hall, London 1987

Mahavishnu Orchestra, The Lost Trident Sessions

and

John Scofield, Works For Me

I've listened to the Dizzy show three times through, its freaking amazing. 24 bit digitally remastered, it sounds like i'm freaking on stage! It also has the most insane Manteca.

Can't wait to get into the other two.

Plus, i just got a 50 dollar GST check, maybe time to go down and get three more (if the sale is still on).

GRRRRREAT SCORE [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

Nice going! I check in at Dr Disc about once a month and have picked up a number of prizes there. That's what I like about used CD stores - you just flip through and occasionally it's like, "I should try this, what the hell?" as opposed to going out for something specific, like I'm about to do in 2 seconds for the new Lucinda Williams CD, "World Without Tears"..... [big Grin]

Shit!

I paid $40 for one album at HNV today. Mind you, it was Miles Davis - Live Evil which is two disks so $20 a disk for Miles... seems like a steal.

Also picked up the new Johnny Cash. Nice cover of NIN - Hurt. Nice cover of a few things actually. Good CD. If you like the Cash man.

Archived