Jambands.ca

5 songs to download? Share!

PhishyK

Guest Low Roller

Fripp/Ursa Minor Space Station is my favorite moment on the entire Chrome disc. Catherine Wheel were my Grateful Dead from 1995 to 1998.

It's funny I don't know if you're familiar with Dave Eggers (A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius and You Shall Know Our Velocity) he's basically the coolest most literate and not annoying novelist of our age. Even if you're not a book reader you would really dig his shit I think. Anyways he did this Yale convocation speech where he kind of starts off talking about some kid who wrote him and basically challenged him on whether he was 'keeping it real' or not. He goes on to say that a few years from now you will see how absurdly stupid the idea of keeping it real truly is and from there he gets into a bunch of different ideas. I took away from it that the sheer volume of artistic output nowadays novels, albums, songs, bands, articles, programs necessitates classifying and grouping shit and ultimately making sweeping ill informed decisions about what's 'legit' or not. The Catherine Wheel, and a ton of other bands, fit quite nicely into that 'discard' pile for me that I may have to go back to.

Wow, what a great selection of tunes! Thankyou Miss Pink for clarifying the topic ;) I've got a million tunes to check out now.

One thing though: AVRIL KICKS YOUR ASS!! AVRIL ROCKS! Her new album is just so rockin! Rock! Rock!! Rock YOU!!!

avril3.jpg

I have to disagree MissPink - I don't think she's a fantastic musician but she's a GREAT singer. Lots of passion and angst, and she's really got awesome technique. not always perfectly in key live but she has got some vocal talent fo' shizzle!

and yes, she's hot.

And some of the new songs KICK BUTT!