Jambands.ca

ALL BANDS CONFIRMED FOR MOE.DOWN 5

Freeker

ALL BANDS CONFIRMED FOR MOE.DOWN5:: We are happy to announce our entire lineup: MAIN STAGE:: BENEVENTO/RUSSO DUO - WITH SPECIAL GUEST MIKE GORDON, BLUES TRAVELER DISCO BISCUITS, JOHN BROWN'S BODY, LEFTOVER SALMON LEO KOTTKE, MICHAEL FRANTI AND SPEARHEAD, NELLIE MCKAY and TRAINWRECK

SECOND STAGE:: AL AND THE TRANSAMERICANS (with special guest Diane Schnier), BURT NEILSON BAND, FALL, GONGZILLA, GRAND THEFT BUS, JACOB FRED JAZZ ODYSSEY and PERPETUAL GROOVE.

MOE.DOWN 5 EARLYBIRD TICKETS:: Last day for $75 earlybird tickets at moe.ticketing until JULY 1st. Tickets will be $90 after this date. Keep watching the tour and moe.down pages for more info.

What a burn,the lineup is finalized and not only are the headliners sh!t, but there aren't even as many bands as previous years. Oh well at least its 6 sets of moe, still I really wanted my Mule and Keller, this was supposed to be the year! ::

Looking forward to the Duo, Kottke, Pgroove, GTB and Trainwreck - but that's pretty weak for a fest of this size ::

i think the line up looks incredible!!

leo, gordon with the duo, blues traveler!!, bisco!!! , franti will be so much fun, two canadian side stage bands, al's band on the side stage, PGROOVE on the side stage, leftover samon is incredible......

this line up looks incredible, and there are so many special guest jam possibilities...... john popper and mike gordon are gonna tear it up with moe.

I agree, the line-up looks killer to me.

I absolutely LOVE the Duo, and Jacob Fred Jazz Odessy was really impressive at last year's AMMF. John Brown's Body is some pretty good reggea. Disco Biscuits are a party, leftover salmon is wicked and two of my favorite Canadian bands are playing.

Oh and then there's moe.

God damn. I can't wait!

Totally Disagree. Everytime I've seen John Browns Body I've always thought they were nothing more than average, I'd even take PoPo over them. Bisco, are you kidding me have you seen this band live? They're terrible, why they get any hype at all I'll never understand, I reserved judgement until I saw them live and they stunk up the place. But I guess you need a mouthful of drugs to make them sound good, funny Nero sounds good all the time. Blues Traveler, I admit it will be cool to have Popper there to sit in with moe but I can think of 1000 other bands I'd rather see fill that time slot, I crossed Blues Traveler off that list in 95 and they bored me then. Salmon will be fine, depending on when they play (hopefully Yonders time slot, mid afternoon). BNB will be good if they don't play anything new. Spearhead is alright, but I feel like after I see them the week before I'll have my fill of Franti and Co.

Jacob Fred and Pgroove are great choices for sidestage, no complaint here.

I feel like moe only really got it right with The Duo w/Gordo, Kottke, Trainwreck and the BUS....Thats what I see when I look at the line up. I loved the last 3 moe.downs because I alwasy walked away with a new band I didn't know that I loved, this year the only bands I haven't seen live are Kottke, Trainwreck and Pgroove, and I already like them.

To each there own I guess, but after last years questionable choices (Lips I hated, Giants I loved) I had high hopes for this year (especially after jamchicks rumours) Here's a list of bands I'd much rather see play the .down:

Mule

Keller

Karl Densen

WEEN

Tenacious D

Stockholm Syndicate

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

Railroad Earth

Sound Tribe Sector Nine

Bomb Squad or Deep Banana Blackout

The Big WU

Steve Kimock

Amfibian

Percy Hill

David Nelson Band

Zen Tricksters

Aquarium Rescue Unit

Drive-By Truckers

Max Creek

Oteil & the Peacemakers

Psychedelic Breakfast

Del McCoury

Robert Walter's 20th Congress

Ekoostik Hookah

Spooky Daily Pride

G. Love and Special Sauce

Caveman

Smokestack

....Just to name a few, or what about SWAMPDONKEY!!! C'mon why is Al and the Trannies the only side project playing???

I know I'm bitching, but that's what the internet is all about.... No matter what it's still 6 sets of moe, thank god!!

actually, id be MUCH more interested in seeing the duo w/ gordon AND JFJO than any other band, including moe...

i can hear where your comming from cuz it might be your taste or whatever,

but seeing moe. play moe.down is unreal imo....

its their own festival, and for a band moe.'s size they usually have to conform to the rules of venues (the security is usually always tight, and moe. is usually forced to stick to a cerfew)

at moe.down they are playing to their home crowd and they play as wildly and as freely as they want....its quite the sight

Turin has a curfew, that's why there is no late night stage at moe.down, although this year the rumour is curfew has been waved, but we'll see when they announce the time slots. I don't see how security applies, do you mean that the band is inaccessible at most shows or that the fans can't do what they want at most shows???? I've always found the moe boys to be pretty accessible, I feel like I've talked to Al or someone from the band after almost every show I've seen, the worst being Rob strung out and lost in our hotel lobby in Albany...poor Rob. And in all honesty some of the worst security I've ever experienced has been at moe.down. The local "golfcart ninjas" are terrible, so cruel and militant, that's one thing I hope will change about moe.down this year.

when i say security,

i mean crowd control....

for a band like moe. they don't have much sway over how the security handles the crowd.....its basically luck of the draw,

on NYE the two night run was plagued with horrible secuirty...people were getting kicked out all over the place for smoking joints, and its always annoying to have a security guard push his way through your space trying to sniff out pot smokers...

and i have never had any trouble with security at moe.down...