Jambands.ca

Los Lobos tickets

NewRider

So it's actually free? For real? Also that Q & A with Steve Berlin at noon the same day sounds really interesting. I bet he has some amazing stories to tell, whether Dead stuff, or one-off stories about artist dirt, even stuff about the Hip (he produced Phantom Power if I'm not wrong).

Awesome - I can't wait!!!

Anyone feel like giving me their opinion on the new album(other than TimmyB, who has already done so)? I haven't heard a single note...

(One catch, though - you have to actually have heard the album in order to review it...)

Unfortunately I'll be missing this gig but I have to make my choices especially when there are so many to make. Being such a big fan of The Byrds, The Flying Burrito Brothers, Gram Parsons and The Eagles, I'll be seeing Chris Hillman and Bernie Leadon do the tribute to Gram Parsons as the Burrito Brothers that night.

But like many bands that are soon coming to the area and I'm missing for somebody else at least I saw them recently at bonnaroo. Artists like Taj Mahal tonight where I'm seeing Eric Clapton and Robert Randolph and the Family Band at the HSBC Arena instead. Gomez where I'll be checking out the tour opener of Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson. And the aforementioned Los Lobos show. I really don't understand why some people don't want to go to bonnaroo each year. Even if you only go to the headlining sets and a a couple of other of your favorite artists you still get your moneys worth.

Hey Brian, I'll let you borrow it next time I see you. Are you going to the Jim Cuddy Band this weekend?

It is a good album, not their best, but still it is nothing like Santana's "Supernatural."

I the main difference between the two is that the though there were great guests on "Supernatural" like Eric Clapton and Dave Matthews, there were also terrible guests on it too, like Everlast and Rob Thomas.

Whereas all the guests on the Los Lobos album are fantastic. To name a few Tom Waits, Elvis Costello, Richard Thompson, Mavis Staples and Bobby Womack.

My favorite tracks on the album are the classic Los Lobos track "Wicked Rain" combined with Bobby Womack's "Across 110th Street" featuring Womack! God I love that Womack song, it always reminds me of a Tarantino film, though I forget which one?

Also "Kitate" featuring Tom Waits and Martha Gonzales, in which Waits cowrites the song with Hidalgo and Perez.

Garth Hudson is also featured on three of the thirteen tracks though he doesn't get his name on the back of the album, I mean CD sleeve.

My favorite tracks on the album are the classic Los Lobos track "Wicked Rain" combined with Bobby Womack's "Across 110th Street" featuring Womack! God I love that Womack song, it always reminds me of a Tarantino film, though I forget which one?

That would be "Jackie Brown", I believe.

It's rather likely that I will go to see Jim Cuddy tonight - see you there!