Jambands.ca

Sam Bush

bONES

I have only seen Sam Bush perform with Phish during their North American tour opener in Tennessee in 2000. Sam first came out with Ron McCoury to play in "Harry Hood>Dog Faced Boy>Harry Hood," then the rest of the Del McCoury Band and Ricky Skaggs came on stage for a bunch of bluegrass numbers amazing.

I have always wanted to see Bela Fleck perform with his Acoustic Planet band, which includes Sam Bush, but it never comes up to Canada.

When is Sam playing here in Ontario?

Telluride Bluegrass festival 1991 or 92 (I was at both) was my first Sam expirence,I've never looked at bluegrass the same since,"Same old River" is pure genuis.I'd love to see Sam play a Canadian bluegrass festival,Tottenham would be perfect,a natural ampitheater,sunshine & cold beer.Until you see Sam at a blue grass festival you haven't** had the 100% expirence of Sam Bush,he shines even more in that sort of setting.

** Simply one mans opinion.

edited to add corrections.

Checking my stubs I see it was 92,but I can't recall who he was playing with.Wasn't even the main stage I saw him at,dam,my memory is fried...

Does anybody know what, if any, is the relationship between the Newgrass Revival and a band called Strength In Numbers? ISTR seeing a program on them (at a Telluride festival, I think), and they did some 20-minute bluegrass/raga thing that left me speechless. I think Bela Fleck, Jerry Douglas, and Sam Bush (with others) were in it, but don't know any of its history.

Aloha,

Brad

Well,I think the relationship is the players.

Strength in Numbers is:

Sam Bush

Jerry Douglas

Bela Fleck

Mark O'Connor

Edgar Meyer

I guess having played on each others albums and together at festivals they threw together a band,they are or were the house band basically at Telluride Bluegrass festivals.