Jambands.ca

travelin'- festivals/shows/venues west of ONT

DirtyD

Many western festy's will be announced soon... Look out for Upstream's annual Zoophorus Festival in Whistler (usually in August) and another one in Hope put on by Interdimensional Travel plus many more.

There's talk of one in Squamish on the May long weekend - more details to follow.

Check out the jambands.ca 'watchtower' for Vancouver. I'll be posting area festivals under the Vancouver heading for simplicity's sake.

Dirty, when do you plan on being out here?

Thanks for the tips Weezy - I will keep checking Vancouver for more info!

We are leaving Ontario mid-late June, taking 3-4 weeks to get to BC, and approx 2 weeks in BC.

We are going to plan our trip as we go/to get to certain festivals/shows for certain days...way relaxed!

quote:

We are leaving Ontario mid-late June, taking 3-4 weeks to get to BC

Little Feat...

Mon, June 16

Pyramid Cabaret

Winnipeg, Manitoba

Show starts at 10:30

Wed, June 18

Mac Hall - Univ. of Calgary

Calgary, Alberta

JAZZ FESTIVAL

Show starts at 9:15

Thu, June 19

Winspear Center for Music

Edmonton, Alberta

Show starts at 9:15

Sat, June 21

Commodore Ballroom

Vancouver, BC

Show starts at 11:30

Sun, June 22

Royal Theatre

Victoria, BC

Show starts at 8:45

...in case you don't make the Hamilton show

The Winnipeg folk fest is totally pro - I was there approx. 10 years ago and it was the best organized festival I have ever been to. Ten stages running at the same time, and it totally stayed on schedule, even in the rain. But it is very pricey, and not as much as a full-on party festival as some of the jam fests. And the acts, at least 10 years ago, were mostly folk and blues oriented. Not a huge variety of acts. But again, all of this was 10 years ago, so things may have changed. But I'm guessing it is still a world-class event though. I think it happens in July.

The 10,000 Lakes festival in Minnesota looks absolutely amazing. Here is the link:

10,000 lakes festival web site

Peace, Mark

Archived