Roll call! WIlco @ The Mod Club 08/03/04

TimmyB

HOUSE OF BLUES CONCERTS

WILCO

LEGAL AGE 19

THE MOD CLUB

722 COLLEGE ST WEST

TUE AUS 3, 2004 DRS 8PM

I'm looking forward to my eleventh Wilco gig (14th with Jeff Tweedy/ 12th with John Stiratt). It might be the last time I ever see them play a club gig in Toronto. Though I'm not going to complain, I wish them all the success in the world, and they deserve it. I hope one day I see them headline a arena tour.

Anyone else coming?

A great show last night! I'll write more later, but here's the setlist.

Wilco @ The Mod Club 08/03/04

Start time 10:18pm

1. Muzzle Of Bees

2. Handshake Drugs

3. Shot In The Arm

4. Hummingbird

5. Hell Is Chrome

6. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

7. War On War

8. At Least That's What You Said

9. Company In My Back

10. Jesus Etc.

11. Heavy Metal Drummer

12. Theologians

13. I'm The Man Who Loves You

14. Poor Places

15. Spiders

End set 11:35pm (1 hour and 17 minutes)

Encore: (back 1 hour 20 minutes) 16. I'm A Wheel (One By One written in but not played)

17. Kicking TV

18. Late Greats

Off again 11:47pm (1 hour and 28 minutes)

Encore 2: (back 1 hour and 31 minutes) 19. Far Far Away (by request for someones birthday, should have been 'Sunken Treasure')

20. Via Chicago

21. California Stars

22. The Lonely 1

12:08am (1 hour 49 minutes)

im actually a huge fan of all of them.. but i think the song selection could have been better from being there (how're ya gonna replace sunken treasure with far far away? ok, i know it was a request, but sh!t... ::) misunderstood, a rocker like (i got you) at the end of the century, dreamer in my dreams, or kingpin would have suited me better... shot in the arm is a favourite of mine from summerteeth, and i like via chicago, too... but i would have loved to have heard something like She's A Jar... that being said, i just wish i was able to be there, regardless. :(

Hopefully they'll be back in the fall at a larger venue. I think they booked in such a small place just to come to Toronto at around the same time as when the Lollapalooza gig was scheduled to be.

1st or 2nd week of October at Massey Hall.

this show was almost sold out before tickets went on sale. Their label purchased 300 tickets and gave them away to media, to get the band up here to do press. The band didn't want to do it at first.

I'm not up on Wilco save a few songs and listens but their show last night in Ottawa was worth every penny. It seems like it's been months since I've seen a band so well-crafted and top shelf in every respect. As I mentioned in another thread, they make ya swoon :)