Jambands.ca

Beer Fest in TO with music this weekend!

Alexis

I was flippin through the paper on my lunch and saw this insert. It seems like an acceptable way to spend a few hours and $20.00. It's located at Fort York and you can grab info at www.beerfestival.ca

$20.00 advance tickets available at the beer store. with your ticket you get entry to the festival for 1 day and 5 sample tickets. Additional sample tickets can be purchased for $1.00 which makes me think the samples will be miniscule.

Friday Line Up

Don Maclean

Gary Kendall Band

The Backstabbers

Bedouin Soundclash

The Golden Dogs <----you're favourite band and mine

Opening Ceremonies

Truths & Rights <---headliners

Sat

Jon Dyck

Mike Flipowitsch Band

Crazy Strings

Contact <---woo hoo!

Mae Cromwell

The Mighty Revelators <---headliners

Sun

Jeremy Fisher

Syreeta Neal

Colson Quartet

The Practically Hip

The McBrides

Cats & Dogs

Jerome Godboo/Greg Godovitz BluesBand

As much as I wanna see the guy that hoofed kung I think I'll head out Saturday and check out contact and flipowitsch. Hey Mary, will I see you out there party girl?

Anyone whose lived in Guelph at some point will have a story about getting drunk and puking in Wally's during the practically hip...and not because of the music.

Jerome GodBoo used to be in a band called One Monkey, playing original blues at Chicago's in T-Dot. He wears his harmonicas rambo-style

Don't let the chest-kicking dissuade you because their music is excellent. In fact, don a Phil Collins shirt and see what happens!

No doubt their music is excellent. It reminds me I have to try and find as many Phil Collins shirts as I can and get a whole crew to wear them one night. Now that would be classic- a bunch of hippies doing the funky chicken and then taking off their button downs to reveal Pseudio himself.

And didn't anyone notice that Greg Godovitz is the Goddo himself?

But they both have God in their surname. I only became aware of Goddo from the many good stories that Dave Bidini recounts in his On A Cold Road. There's this one story about a guy who gets naked at their shows, a guy who makes faggy faces and a stubby- you might be able to imagine how this one ends....