Jambands.ca

countdown to my first dead show!

meggo

Have fun! i had a chance to go to this show..to also see my first dead show..but i cant get off work until 5 pm. Oh well hopefully next year. I hope i can somehow get a ticket and get a few days of work next week to catch my first phish show.. ::

leave early meggo, the boarder is slow as hell. no dead show is complete without spending the day in the lot. smile form ear to ear. look for some icy cold heady beer, maybe a hit or two from a bowl and a big helping of LSD baby!!!

oh and dont forget to go into the show!!!!

this is gonna be my 3rd time seeing some type of incarnation of the grateful dead... well, 4th if you count ratdog, too... one ratdog, one TOO, one dead... all 3 have been full of magic and memorable moments, and have provided many a good story to share, as well as served as a base for solidifying friendships of old, and creating friendships of new... i cant fu©king wait for tomorrow!

maybe the cool kids just dont wanna talk with you anymore willy?? ;)

That's entirely possible. Of course, it's also entirely possible that most of these 'kids' don't really know what LSD is, and are running around selling LSA in it's place. I've definitly come across LSA in the last couple of years; it's just been a long time some I've seen any LSD.

hahah.. last time i was at darien we got our hands on some of that (D not A)... funny... we kept tripping out on butch trucks wearing spandex shorts and beating the HELL out of those big monster drums, sooooo hilarious.

i did see phil & friends with the allman bros a few years ago... 2002 i think, at pine knob. of course that was a goodie, chatham peeps coming out of the woodwork from all over, including bossence by himself from europe... tomorrow i finally get to see bobby in action! i hope he's all scruffy! :D

Have a great time Meggo! I wish we could join you. We did get a chance to see them in Detroit though. My kids saw the Dead for the first time too.

Guess who I ran into in the lot???? Boss!! He flew up for the show.

I didn't get a chance to sample the acid but I heard the "steal your face" doses were weak at best.

hahah, yes it looks like the swifty twins got me beat. ah well. they're cuter than me, too ;)

can't say i got my hands on any little paper squares but i did meet this molly character, left me wondering what my name was for about 2 hours, see the other "dead at darien" thread.... yeeks!

regardless:

first dead show = wicked