Jambands.ca

Feeling strange

Douglas

So I just found out that one of my clients passed away this weekend from a heart attack. She couldn't have been more than 45-50 years old. I have a close repore with people in the office, and she was by far one of my favourites. Although I barely knew her, I feel strangely affected by this news. Maybe it's because this summer itself has been muddied with sad news. Maybe it's because she was so damn sweet and funny and lively. Maybe it's because I am once again reminded how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken from us. Maybe it's a combination of all 3.

It was very strange telling my boss about it because I had to be professional. Try fighting back tears when your hands are shaking uncontrollably...it's tough.

I have some work to do on her floor today, but I can't stand to face all the long faces and teary eyes.

damn.

Oh man, talk about a bad way to start your day. I'm very sorry to hear that Lynn. Hopefully your sadness will soon turn to melancholy and will then quickly shift to insightful and maybe even end up at the inspirational.

Some days the role of the living is solely to remember those that are not. Fortunately, most days the role of the living is simply to live.

Thanks everyone. Still feeling kind of "off" and haven't made it to that floor do work, but I'll be forced to tomorrow. Here's hoping tomorrow is a little less strange.

I guess I'm feeling strange since I'm "just" the computer tech around here...not like I was a co-worker, and I certainly don't want to crowd anyone's space there. I'm just nervous about getting emotional around her group.

I remember one time around last Christmas I walked into an office where 2 women were hugging and crying. It brought tears to my own eyes, and they brought me into their hug! Normally in this situation, I would just spin on 1 heel and truck outta there as fast as possible, but these people are also in my top-10 list around here.

While I work away at their computers, they often share stories of their families, friends, or what they did on they weekend. I remember going for a smoke break with Pat (the one we lost) and she was telling me about the concerts she's been to and how much she loved seeing live shows. Well that just opened up our conversations from there on in!

Too emotional? Too easily attached? That's why I didn't go into Health Care...

Thanks again folks.