Jambands.ca

The New World of Canadian Federal Politics

MarcO

guigsy - if the sitting government looses a "confidence" vote - essentially a vote on something really important like their budget or the main text of their Throne Speech - they can be put in a position where they are forced to call an election. It usually only ever happens in minority governments like we have now. That's why Joe Clark was only PM for like 6 months.

Make sense?

- M.

Don't worry MarcO, it's not likely to happen - Harper will probably hold back just enough votes to give the Liberals a scare but allow them to stay in power.

The truth is, none of the parties can afford an election right now laterally, they have no cash after the last election. It'll take at least 6-9 months to get their coffers refilled.

- M.

I am not ready for another federal election.

got that right, I'm not joking that much at all about thinking about booking it... if Canada and the states both end up right wing I'm outta here

actually heard about this this morning and have been trying to put it out of my mind all day... Harper (the guy makes my skin crawl, it looks so alien when he tries to smile, like he had to practice a lot and still can't quite get the hang of if) was on parliament tv around noon slamming liberal policies and looking dangerously calm and neutral

back to the television I go

ok seriously, i don't know if another election is the best thing in the world right now, but that throne speech was a joke.

National daycare? please, there are so many more important things for our money to be going to. What the liberals are doing right now both federally and provincially here in Ontario is pathetic. Shame.

Red tories, blue liberals....where the fu©k is my purple party?