Jambands.ca

finally proven without doubt

paisley

U.S. Inspectors find no evidence of nuclear or chemical weapon development in Iraq

and says Saddam's power had been waning steadily since 1992... the sickening part is that with this final evidence provided by their own inspectors (who desperately wanted to prove the opposite) they'll still say it was justified... bullshit political language

all those deaths, all that terror for the people over there who'd already suffered so much under sanctions... and all they have to show for it is a newly started civil war leading to more years of terror and death... saddam was no saint, but any historian knows how crazy volatile that area is... and that at least saddam kept the peace

what a sad mess

Cheney says Saddam was kissing ass with countries of the UN to get sanctions lifted, then once they were lifted would build up his WMD

even though the U.S. inspector says Saddam had no plans of attacking the states and was only worried about defending Iraq from Iran and Israel

basically tell Saddam to behave and then label him evil and attack him because he does behave

I can't believe I still read things in the Hamilton editorial section talking about how "weak" Canada is for not joining the attack against Iraq and how we're unappreciative of the states for saving us from allowing Iraq to join Al Queda (yesterday's paper)... Saddam and Bin Laden hate each other and always have... if Al Queda is going to get a foothold in Iraq its directly because of this war

This really makes me sick. It also reminds me of something funny: The Chewbacca Defense.

But ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider: This [pointing to a picture of Chewbacca] is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee—an eight foot tall Wookiee—want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

But more important, you have to ask yourself, what does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense!

Look at me, I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense!

And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation... does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense.

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

I am totally shocked that I found this on Wikipedia. Dammit: Is there a better web-site out there? [Rhetorical]

The second time the defence is used (representing the other side now) is even funnier given Bush's resemblance to a monkey:

Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, you must now decide whether to reverse the decision for my client Chef. I know he seems guilty, but ladies and gentlemen... [pulling down a diagram of Chewbacca] This is Chewbacca. Now think about that for one moment—that does not make sense. Why am I talking about Chewbacca when a man's life is on the line? Why? I'll tell you why: I don't know.

It does not make sense. If Chewbacca does not make sense, you must acquit!

[pulling a monkey out of his pocket] Here, look at the monkey. Look at the silly monkey! [one juror's head explodes]

Why am I finding humour in something as sickening as the U.S. led attack and occupation of Iraq? I'll tell you why: I don't know. Ladies and gentlemen... [pulling down a diagram of Chewbacca]...

Since none of this surprises me,I will only comment by quoting Willy:

Why am I finding humour in something as sickening as the U.S. led attack and occupation of Iraq? I'll tell you why: I don't know. Ladies and gentlemen... [pulling down a diagram of Chewbacca]...

Hahaha

::