Jambands.ca

random photo (nothing to do with zero or the slip)

shitidiot

Has anyone ever heard that the Canadian promoter Michael Cohl beat out Bill Graham to manage the Stones after a brief sabbatical (Steel Wheels and on?) and that this led to Bill having a complete nervous breakdown. Cohl offered them $90 M in guaranteed revenue and a signing bonus of $10 M up front. D'ya think Bill could come to the table with that. fu©king Michael Cohl is the man!

Steel Wheels? LOL

Worst Stones tour in history,an embarssment in my opinion.

D'ya think Bill could come to the table with that. fu©king Michael Cohl is the man!

Who cares? Hell BG made the fu©kin table man.

Three prime examples:

Winterland

Filmore East

Filmore West

Yeah, Graham took that hard. As shrewd and hardass as he was, he valued loyalty and never really recovered from what he considered to be a major slight from The Stones, whom we had been working with since the 1960s. I also think they strung him along for a while also, pitting him against Cole and choosing Cole last minute.

No you've got it wrong, dead wrong Esau. Michael Cohl along with Bill Ballard were the cats that brought Genesis and The Dead back in the day (Seneca '70?). Cohl was the man behind Sarsfest and is by far the most significant promoter in the world (and Canadian!). He represents both U2 and the Stones for christ's sake. The best story is the mafiosa blocking entrance of the 18 wheelers to the stadium in Milan on I believe Voodoo Lounge and he, Mick and Keith sat down in a hotel room and decided to make a one time cash payment of $1,000,000 to the local don to get the trucks rolling. Crazy.

I still say Steel Wheels was a joke,I saw it in the sept at the CNE and front row at skydome (Living Color opened) in december,both shows I found so over prodcued and so elborate that the music seemed almost secondary and moving merely as a "going through ther motions" feel from the band.

Just my opinioon of the shows,I know alot of folks who I went with and thought it was great,myself,I'm not really appreciative of an over elborate stage show,never really have been.Although DIO in MLG could be considered the exception.

I was only 19 in 1989.

Michael Cohl and principal partner Stephen Bronfman. TGA is a multifaceted entertainment entity possessing a wide range of expertise in all areas of live concert and event production. As the world's preeminent tour promoters, TGA principals have promoted five of the six highest-grossing concert tours of all time. Its client list includes many of the top names in music including the Rolling Stones (five tours); U2; Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young; and Pink Floyd among others. Most recently, TGA promoted the record-setting Rolling Stones "Licks World Tour" and co-produced the multi-platinum DVD set, Four Flicks.

byfar the greatest promoter in the world.