Jambands.ca

Fat Cats on archive.org - *updated*

Esau

Possibly,are you refering to the conga player?

I know they had two drummers (again) for a little while in 1997,this wasn't just a sit in.This show had two full kits on stage.

Excuse this post if you are refering to the conga player.

Do you still have the Lanc show Fatties played? If so would ya mind uploading it? I have a copy but it would be better to have a less gen copy up there.

The other drummer at the Opera House was Jeff Cowell. He took over about four months after Adam left. Joel joined a couple months after Jeff and they were a tandum for about a year. There are some truly sparkling shows from this period. The Opera House gig was Joel's first electric show and almost didn't happen for him. He was still underage and they weren't going to let him in. Even though the band had a drummer they wouldn't play the show with out their new member and finally the Opera House(which was packed) backed down.

Jeff is now backing Shannon Lyon with ex Fatty bass player Jay Schnider. Shannon is lucky to have them, both are expetionally fine muscians.

Thanks for sharing the music!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Rob,

Thanks alot for that,I had drawn a complete blank on Jeff's name,I was at Joels first show (09/16/97) and the Opera House show,but for some reason had that mental block going.

I recorded the Opera house show on video (in the balcony with Brendon who recorded the audio) but sadly I lent the video to a friend who decided to just keep the original, then moved to BC with it,last I heard it was long gone.

I knew Jay was playing with Shannon,but didn't realize Jeff was also.Last time I saw Shannon was by himself,I recently (last sunday) missed out on a show at the Casbah of Shannon's,really disappointed with myself for that,his music carried me through probally the hardest point in my life,in particular a show from La Luna's with Gatch playing banjo for the Harvesters (opening for Fat Cats),that show will remain one of the most important shows I feel I have seen in Hamilton.Very emotional for me to tell the truth,worst part is,I gave the only tape away while in Amsterdam (97) figureing Brendon still had the original DAT only to return to Canada and find out it had been recorded over.

If you or anyone has a copy of this show,I would really appreciate getting a copy,I'll defiantley make it worth it with many CDs or even DVD (boots) in trade.

Cheers

Greg

Greg. I remember the show with the Harvestors opening and Gatch on Banjo. At the time I remember being blown away by how good the banjo sounded on absloute route. I did or do have a tape of this show with the Harvestors set as well. Finding it is the issue. We just moved and my tapes are in various bags in no order. Utter chaos. Do you remember the date of the show?. So far from Laluna in '97 I've turned up the following tapes but I don't think any of them are the show your looking for. 04/12/97, 09/23/97, 02/15/97. I might have lent the tape out to Jay Schnider but I can't remember. I know at the time he was interested in getting the Havesters set from me but I don't think he followed through. That was seven years ago so my memory is a little/lot sketchy. Anyway I'll keep looking for it and if I turn it up I'd be more than happy to send it your way. It would be the least I could do for all the effort you put into making music available.

Cheers

Rob,seriously,if you could find the Harvesters set I would be enternally grateful,honestly,since december 1997 I have asked so many people about it even Shannon himself and turned up nothing.

I have the 04/12/97 show but I don't think that was the night,for some reason I have the feeling it was the 09/23/97 show but I could be wrong.

Thanks kindly my friend for looking into that,I can't explain what that recording means to me,as sappy as that may sound.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Finally,I got more shows going up,I paused to let some other folks upload but they decided it took too much of their time...(overnight? come on..argh) but heres the next installment of Fatties on archive....

Fat Cats

Mrs.Robinsons

Kitchener/Waterloo,Ontario

Canada

1997-02-28

FM Broadcast

"The KW concert connection" - CKWR 98.7 FM

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=21156

Hey I work with Jeff Cowell and Joel's dad, I could ask them if they have any shows....I showed Joel's dad the archive.org site and he didn't think Joel knew about it. Also Dave Tully works there - he was the percussionist on a few of the acousticats shows including the 2001 jambands show.....(he also has a side band on archive.org called 'Nine Mile' really excellent jack johnsonish stuff that he plays a cajone exclusively...)

That would be great Tungsten,appreciate it.

Wow Greg ... I am so looking forward to getting a digital copy of this show to replace my now wonky cassette copy!

Great sound quality ... fm broadcast!

I'm going to burn this one for some peeps for sure!

Peace, Mark

Watch your mail Mark.

Cheers

So,I have another show up this time from 2004.

Fat Cats

The Pepper Jack cafe

Hamilton,Ontario

2004-08-21

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=21174