Jambands.ca

Doctor Huxtable?!?

MarcO

I believe that we have had some e-mail correspondance with them and determined that they play a completely different genre of music than us, have very poor grammar and ummmm an interesting portfolio of musical influences.

They don't have a hot chick singer, and abbreviations (Dr.) are just plain cooler than long drown-out words (I mean D-O-C-T-O-R??? How boring!) Our superiority is on so many levels. [Wink]

IIRC, they responded to our e-mail by saying that they think it's okay if we keep the name as we're no threat to them. [Roll Eyes] Jeez, thanks.

I don't think their free yahoo hosting service will allow all of our clicking on pictures.

There are some funny pictures in there - in cmparison with our Dr.Hux world.

The sounds that launch on the site scared me a little. Kindof evil, if you ask me.

quote:

Originally posted by Ms.Huxtable:

IIRC, they responded to our e-mail by saying that they think it's okay if we keep the name as we're no threat to them.
[Roll Eyes]
Jeez, thanks.

Well, their website also sez they formed in October of 2002, so they might want to pipe down a bit, it seems you guys had the name first.

I'm thinking of trying to get a gig again myself. I'm becoming too much of a hermit. Just a solo acoustic covers thing, maybe try to find a drummer content to use just a snare and some brushes..... thing is my name is from hell: Marc Olszewski. That'll never read well in the listings. So, I'm thinking I'll just call myself.... I don't know, maybe..... Elvis Costello? Maybe Bono? It's all very confusing.... [Wink]

I guess you could say I'm a loner

A cowboy of law, tough and proud

Well, I could have lotsa friends if I wanted,

But then I wouldn't stand out from the crowd

Some folks say that I'm "egotistical",

Hell, I don't even know what that means!

I guess it has something to do with the way

That I fill out my skin-tight blue jeans

Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble

When you're perfect in every way

I can't wait to look in the mirror

Cause I get better lookin' each day

To know me is to love me

I must be a hell of a man

Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble

But I'm doin' the best that I can!

quote:

Originally posted by Van Whelan:

GordonGartrell? Sounds familiar....

Hey, I play in that band!

Glen "Drum Whore" Whelanl

Yeah, and I love the line about "I have no life at all outside this band". Yeah, aside from hanging out on jambands.ca and playing in BGH and the Skanks...

Aloha,

Brad

Archived