Jambands.ca

some guitar expertise??

SaggyBalls

You know how to play acoustic?

Do you have it hooked up to your transmorgifier pedal?

hehehehehe

I haven't played my electric stuff other than at nero shows for a long time. I don''t exactly have a place to do that sort of thing anymore so I'm all about my acoustic guitar. It does have a pickup and I did try it once. My biggest music goal for 2005 is to play at least one solo show. So you can hear me play acoustic then... prick! :)

I am in the same boat with the one you sold me last year.

I've played it a bit, and do like it, but as I'm in an apartment building I don't often get a chance to thrash it due to volume...I find myself falling back on the acoustic mroe often than not. It's probably a comfort thing too as I've had this guitar for years and know it really well, whereas that epiphone is a whole other beast that takes some getting used to.

Brad did you talk to TomFoolery? Was trying to get something together mid-week next week, but if not then after the holidays for sure.

Brad did you talk to TomFoolery? Was trying to get something together mid-week next week, but if not then after the holidays for sure.

We went back and forth when he first said he was looking for people, but I haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks (ISTR talking to him briefly at the Nov. 27 GTB show). I'm in Toronto next week, but I'll be back in Ottawa around Dec. 29 or 30, so it'll have to be this week or January.

Aloha,

Brad

My biggest music goal for 2005 is to play at least one solo show. So you can hear me play acoustic then... prick! :)

Pick any Wednesday night and show up for Open Stage night at Cafe Dekcuf, and I and a legion of minions will be there! (Or how about you and Hux get together and do some stuff: two guitars, him singing, you workin' as a sideman. I'd pay to see/hear/tape that, seriously.)

Aloha,

Brad

well i'm not at the point where i need a high end acoustic...i've played normans and seagulls and none of them ever played like a yamaha has for me...it's really more about neck shape as far as playability goes with me...but they sound awesome. i'll for sure give them that. I've played some washburns i've fallen in love with too...if you're looking for a quality canadian made guitar, try garrison guitars.

www.garrisonguitars.com

they're definitely some of the best bang for your buck guitars...the trick is that they make their bracing out of fibreglass to save in materials and labour costs. the construction makes the entire guitar resonate a bit mroe and the difference in cost is made up by higher quality solid woods.

if i didn't have that store credit i'd have bought one of those. you can get an entry level solid wood garrison for about $300...and each one I played sounded and felt awesome in my hands.

i was just looking for info on MY guitar...thanks for going off. i really like acoustic guitars even though i'm a bass player. My fave acoustic i've played in the past 5 years was a low end taylor. i dont' know the model but it was still a 4 digit pricetag. it was all in a satin finish...the neck was smooth and quick and wanted me to hold it. the body was a comfortable size...i think it was a concert style guitar. it sustained and articulated so warmly and genuinely.

there's definitely something to be said about a high end hand made acoustic instrument.

Pablo - it'll be awesome to hear you solo on a guitar. hope to make it to that show. you should aim to play in NYC on a monday. try to hook it up.

I will vouch for Garrison guitars.

I tested them for a friend, who was looking for a well-made, entry level guitar. The Garrison was better that both Seagull and Washburn of the same price range. In fact, the $450 Garrison was better than all the Washburns I played, up to $900.