Jambands.ca

ROLL CALL - NYE with CONTACT & KING SUNSHINE !!!

Jay Funk Dawg

GET YOUR TICKETS ONLINE www.knowledgebass.com

zvookflyer_front.jpg

Sumkidz & Evolve have teamed up to bring you Zvook ... A new year¹s gathering loaded with super talent from the OM community and CanJam Community ... plus a few new faces of course. Come out to reconnect with some of those people you haven¹t seen since the summer solstice. Come to remember the passing year and to welcome this new cycle on the dance floor surrounded with kind faces and good memories. Come with intention. Come to release.

ZVOOK is a special NYE night of Jambands, Live Electronica Performers and DJs in a specialized environment with two room, a not to be missed event featuring:

KING SUNSHINE www.kingsunshine.com

CONTACT www.contacttheband.ca

TELEFUNK SOUNDSYSTEM www.omfestival.ca

MossyRock aka INTERGALACTIC FAERIE FUNK www.galactique.net

DJS: dickard & bobert, leelee mishi, siren, chocolate

rollin cash, splee3kebo, buck lee & dropsi and more...

visit the website at www.knowledgebass.com

Hope to see you there! Please spread the word.

good to have you on board Sarahbelle

here are some more info:

Harp by Sahra Featherstone

----------

Visual stimulations: Project3media, Jackie Levitt, Ganjamie, Zumba & Siren

----------

Spatial stimulations: Sumkidz & GnOMe

----------

Holistic healing by CALM € Tasty treats by Sumkidz

----------

El Mocambo www.elmocambo.ca

464 Spadina (south of College) upper floor

$30 in advance, more at the door...

Tickets available at:

****Shanti Baba 546 Queen St. W

***Play de Record 357A Yonge St

**2theBeat 161 Spadina Ave

*Soundscapes 572 College St

----------

Contact zvook@knowledgebass.com for more info or go to knowledgebass.com to check the Zvook website.

ZVOOK *For complete translation, consult a Nadsat reference

Hope to see you there! Please spread the word.

www.evolvefestival.com www.omfestival.ca

I know what you mean PoG...money's tight around Christmas... I know for people who want to bring in the new year in a big ol' funky party this is it for you TORONTO.

There are 40 performers (counting up all musicians and DJS), it goes from 9PM until 7AM it's going to be one hell of a ripper...the bar is selling booze until 3AM. Also included is some YOGA, Holistic Healting (Massage), 5 groups doing visuals, Free Tasty Treats by the Kind Kitchen and a positive vibe that will keep ya smilin' throughout.

Contact starts at quater to 11 PM - with King Sunshine going on just after the NYE Countdown, which will be an insane blow-out in itself.

If you have any questions please let me know.... out of towners who want to participate, we can hold tickets at the gate. There is limit of 400 tickets for this event... Which the OM kids think will sell out before the day of the show. The Sumkids/Evolve group is working hard to make this event a super fun and unique experience for all.

www.knowledgebass.com

KING SUNSHINE

kslogo.gif "Another band performing with DJs and vocalists alike -- and blowing minds as they do -- is King Sunshine...Seeing themselves as a bridge between live and electronic, jazz and dance musics, King Sunshine blend soul, funk, Latin and jazz influences into a live house experience." - EYE, Toronto

BIO

>Digging beneath the surface of a multifaceted mix of genres, King Sunshine delivers what people have been longing for; music with substance, music that recognizes it's disco roots, music that pushes the boundaries in an attempt to reinvent house music and take it to a new exciting level.

music_tonotes-1.jpg

>Extended percussion breaks and samples from artists like Detroit's Theo Parish, Larry Levan, Roy Ayers and Glenn Underground, can be heard throughout their sets. Their groove and mixes emulate yet recreate the way dance music Djs spin. King Sunshine has created a style that has been widely appreciated by many in the music industry, landing them on stage with some of house music's finest, including Theo Parrish, Mark Farina, Derrick Carter, Ron Trent, Dj Sneak, Jason Palma and New Jerseys soul man Kenny Bobien.

extended.JPG

>There’s a lot of history in King Sunshine. The band started to evolve at a time when house music and Djs were coming up from the underground and planting their roots outside of the club scene. House heads out of Chicago we're releasing "The History of House Music", while King Sunshine was preparing to make history eight hours away in Toronto. They began opening ears and eyes as one of the most explosive bands to take house music off of vinyl and bring it to the stage live.

>Many musicians have gravitated towards the disco and funk rhythms of King Sunshine. In six years of development, nine soul shakers have solidified a powerful force that hypnotizes audiences, draws them to the dance floors and uplifts them to a higher state of consciousness.

kingsunshine.JPG

>Sweet keys, heart pounding drums, heavy bass, smooth guitar, intense electronics, percussion, tight horns and soulful vocals make up King Sunshine.

King Sunshine's music is available on Soul Montion Recordssoul_motion_logo.gif

I think Contact have a bit of Phish in them... i can hear Trey's playing comin' out in their jam-tronica sound.

The whole OM Festival and Evolve Festial vibe for that matter has been about creating a unique friendly, exciting and super cool atmosphere.. and from what we're got line-up this is going to be awesome... I mean Massage, Free Food, Visuals, Jam and Electro Hipsters... I'm all about it! The intent here is to put on a huge NYE Blast Off, for your delight!

mossyrock aka intergalactic faerie funk

"favourite performance of the weekend goes to intergalactic faerie funk from philadelphia for their tripped-out live tech-house throwdown friday night at the sumkidz stage. improvising on drum machines, samplers, bass guitar, microphones and effects, they crafted a unique brand of spooky house music that really stood apart from everything else." -now magazine

021.3.jpg

name: mossyrock (also known as intergalactic faerie funk)

mossyrock combine lush spooky textures with naughty beats to create a sound which ignites emotion, containing therein mystery, intrigue, deep breaths, messages from secret lovers all the feelings that drive them back from the places of old. they offer a glimpse of life when it is vibrant, to remind people there exists moments when everything is illuminated. they want to capture images that stay engraved in the fibers of your mind, that you can't rid yourself of---that kill you in the sweetest sort of way.

photographs.artwork.choice.jpgel%20rancho%20cover.jpgiffhappyendingcover.jpg

members: marc hug, dominica paige, ian newton.

the business: a live improvisational trio who blend strange tones and textures with naughty beats and basslines which now magazine says; "results in a unique brand of music that really stands apart from anything else."

schematics%20diagram.jpg

born: 1999 in philadelphia. born again 2004 in brooklyn.

comparisons: matthew herbert, swayzak, lemon jelly...

accomplishments: toured north america extensively. headlined toronto's om festival & nova scotia's evolve festival. made many friends and fans in every major city in north america. licensed by robbaudio for dj friendly 12". interviewed and reviewed in many major publications.

3ofus.jpg

press: "with a mammoth bonfire spewing sparks atop a nearby hill, a group of white trash burnouts have taken over a forest fronting amphitheatre. decked out in trucker caps, camouflage muscle-ts and droopy mustaches; they suddenly let loose a load of seriously funky tech-house. turns out they're not farmers, but philadelphia's intergalactic faerie funk, a collective of costumed yahoos mixing hi-tech beats with live instruments, samples and distorted vocals - a "jam band" synthesizing the electronic with the organic so cleanly that the divisions disappear." -mixer magazine

contact_splash.jpg

Fusing the energy of rock, dub, break-beat, and house music into improvised live and recorded performances, CONTACT is a band on the cusp of an emerging genre of music, assailling bored dance floors with irresistible beats and unforgettable hooks.

CONTACT was formed in 2001 as a side project for its five members. Motivated out of a shared interest in dance and jam-oriented music, a sound developed quickly for the group. In August of 2002, the group began playing performances in lounges and warehouse parties throughout Toronto. During this period, great strides were made in the development of the band's aggressive interpretation of house music.

In the summer of 2003, CONTACT recorded its first EP. A collection of three songs, the 30 min disc was recorded completely live, with no overdubs, or excessive post-production. Intended to capture the band's improvisational ethic, the self-titled album is an excellent example of CONTACT's raw, emotive style.

Since their beginning CONTACT has cultivated a broad following of fans and supporters. With connections to both the underground dance scene and the exploding jam band phenomenon, CONTACT can rely on a mixed and vibrant crowd, giving partygoers a chance to directly witness and participate in the creation of the evening's music.

In order to satisfy the band's growing fan base and repertoire, CONTACT completed its second recording, 'Dollar Empire' in the fall of 2003. The new disc maintains the 'live off the floor' recording style of the first release, while delving further into the creative potential of the studio. The inclusion of new instrumentation and rhythms add greater dimension and clarity to the CONTACT sound. 'Dollar Empire' adds a hue of polish to the distorted mayhem of their first EP.

With the successful launch of 'Dollar Empire' to a packed house at Toronto's Rivoli on New Years Eve, expect to see CONTACT spread the Ad Hoc medium to the rest of the world.

rollin.jpg

ROLLIN CASH

Rollin's breakbeat etiquette is a combination of dope breaks, funk, jazz, dub, modern classics, and old favorites, all arranged in proper style with his own supple hands of turntablism. He has performed all across Canada and as far away as Mexico and Switzerland. Over the year's he's held a number of residency in Toronto, from Area 51, The Living Room, Blue Moon, and the IV lounge.

p.s. You can now purchase your tickets online at www.knowledgebass.com

It's all about the women DJs!

leelee.jpg

LeeLee Mishi : LeeLee spins deep, jazzy, dubby house music. She has appeared at recent Om Festivals, Harvest Festivals, Kajama boat cruises and many one-off parties in Southern Ontario, as well as Toronto clubs such as Element, NASA, Una Mas, Mad Bar, and Roxy Blu. A member of the long-running female dj collective Chicks Dig It since 2002, LeeLee Mishi has also been a regular dj and promoter of nights such as Decompression Fridays at IV Lounge and Wandering Pepper at Fressen.

Sahra Featherstone

sahra.jpg

Sahra Featherstone is becoming known across Canada as a premier harpist. She plays with style and taste and contributes her remarkable talent and musicianship to many different styles of traditional and contemporary music. Her technique on the harp is very unique and personal, and comes from a deep musicality, which is evident when watching her perform. Her hands appear to be dancing on the strings, which adds to the magic she creates while she plays. www.sahrafeatherstone.com

I really want to go out and support Jayman on this one. Wondering if anyone else on the board is going to make it?

Jayman- I've got this new buddy in Guelph named Dave who just moved up with his wife Mimi from Berkley, California via Leeds England. They're both really sweet people and he spins rare disco and funk. Just wanted to give you the heads up cause I was hoping he might make it out and I wanted to introduce him to you and some of your OM buddies.

Yeah new development is that I'm likely going to use a whack of Starwood points I accrued booking a conference to get a Club Floor suite at the Sheraton downtown with exclusive access to their club lounge (43rd floor). Things are still up in the air but this sounds pretty idyllic.

Yeah new development is that I'm likely going to use a whack of Starwood points I accrued booking a conference to get a Club Floor suite at the Sheraton downtown with exclusive access to their club lounge (43rd floor). Things are still up in the air but this sounds pretty idyllic.

sweet suite.

does this then mean youll be there, or will we still see you at the elmo?

New development I should've booked it yesterday now I lost the room and the Harbour Castle Westin is a little too reeped out price wise and not as convenient as the Sheraton on Queen. Really bites frankly but now I'm Guelph bound. I don't think that Jay needs to worry about the turnout though. It looks like a great event.