Jambands.ca

Joel Plaskett & Cuff the Duke @ Lee's Palace

bONES

[ahem]

Dude I snoozed on the Lee's tickets and the show is apparently stone cold sold (out), leaving your friend the Reverend out in the cold (as it were). I'm coming into town anyway, though; I've gone to see the JP at Lee's before without tickets, both times I didn't have to hang around long for a single to pop up. I'm going with a couple other people and they both have tickets, so I'm banking on that single.

aaron.jpg

That's me, but my hair is longer these days, tied back. If you see me hanging out outside, come say hi.

haha

that's a GREAT pic Rev :)

i'll definately look for you man.

we seem to share the same taste in great music.

i've had an extra this entire time, but layed it on POG just yesterday. He backed out of going for beers with me last night due to a cold, but swears he's in for tonight!

If not, it's all yours brother.

~bones.jpg

that'd be me, but i now have short hair and a shorter beard

if you get inside just look for the guy given'r to Cuff the Duke ::

Oh boy, it's a freakin BLIZZARD in the Hammer! I might not make it over there after all, y'all, seeing as the Fat Cats' appearance at the Casbah tonight promises to be a lot of fun for a lot less hassle. Nothing written in stone yet, but I'll let y'all know. I have tickets to see the Plaskett Monday in Hamilton and next Saturday at the Horseshoe, so I'm not THAT disappointed.

Cuff the Duke were fantastic!

I love this band. The vocals, the balls out rock n'roll, their stage presence were all great.

setlist from what i remember...

no money (?), no heat

Hobo Night Stalker

Ballad of a Lonely Construction Worker (hell ya ::)

Poor John Henry

?? (new tune)

The Trouble and the Truth

i could be missing one or two in there

Plaskett was also really good!

i look forward to next Saturdays show

where are they playing next week Bones?

The Horseshoe with James McKenty & The Spades opening up!

You should REALLY join us phunkyB

but last nights show was SOLD OUT so you may want to pick up tix this weekend (Rotate This is open today)

The Shoe is smaller than Lee's so i expect next Saturdays show to sell out as well.

I am hosting a pot-luck dinner with treats and bevy's before hand

ALL are welcome!

Plaskett opened with a rockin' Work out Fine ...dang i love that tune

POG is wicked by the way. I love going to shows with that guy. Everytime i'm caught up in the music to the degree where i feel like i could explode with grooviness POG will turn to me and give me the greatest "this is the sh!t smile"...

who feels it knows it

POG = both

::

Well it was sh!tty because I'm somewhat of a completist, but I didn't make the show. Glad to hear it was awesome. I've seen the JPE probably about 5 times (with two more coming this week) but I have a serious music OCD issue :D where if I have one album by a band, I have to have them all; if I see one show in a run, I have to see them all. Anyway the weather here was so extremely sh!tty yesterday that we couldn't even get it together to walk over to the Casbah. If the sidewalks had been plowed we would have thought about it...

Anyway, as for Horseshoe tickets, I grabbed mine Friday morning here:

http://www.maplemusic.com/dept.asp?dept_id=1623

but they appear to be sold out now. Rotate This has been sold out for weeks apparently. I have to say, if you're intent on coming out, I have gone to more than one sold-out JPE show at Lee's without tickets and have always gotten in. It's not typically a heavily scalped show but people just seem to have extras. If you feel like lining up outside the Horseshoe a couple hours before their set, I'm sure you'll get in. You could also come to the Casbah tomorrow night, I don't think that show is sold out yet.

i was just flipping through the truthfully truthfully cd booklet. There's a picture of mcgettigan in there, yet it lists Brennan as the bass player on the cd. Have a great time tonight everyone. A question about this cd. Moose has had it for sometime now and her copy is what turned me on to Plaskett. The truthfully truthfully cd she has is a double (one red, one black). I picked it up at the Lee's show and it was only one cd!? Twelve songs on it. Has it been shortened in regards to the number of tunes on it? or did they just release it again on one disc this time?

I am hosting a pot-luck dinner with treats and bevy's before hand

ALL are welcome!

Vegetarian

come on by for 4:20 folks

i also have lots of crash space for those who'd like a comfortable bed for the night after the show.

Weebs are you still coming in for this show?

Alexis, Sari, Large Marge, phunkyB...anyone and everyone is welcome :)

let's get our party on !!

Guigsy I think you're thinking of Rob Benvie, the old Hermit guitar player. He played with the Dears for about a year and a half and then apparently went back to school. Their guitar player before him was my favourite I think, Jonathan Cohen. McGettigan produced Khyber and Truthfully, so that's why he's in the booklet. I don't know what Brennan is up to these days, but I think I like McGettigan on stage better. Is he still rocking a skullet, or did he finally shave all bald?

i was just flipping through the truthfully truthfully cd booklet. There's a picture of mcgettigan in there, yet it lists Brennan as the bass player on the cd... A question about this cd...The truthfully truthfully cd she has is a double (one red, one black). I picked it up at the Lee's show and it was only one cd!? Twelve songs on it. Has it been shortened in regards to the number of tunes on it? or did they just release it again on one disc this time?

Cowboy when Truthfully came out, the two-discer was a limited edition only available at shows. It has 14 songs on it, I think the two extras are The Cold Blue Light and A Job Worth Doing. I guess the whole thing wouldn't fit on one disc so they let him press a Limited Edition two-discer.